Show Reviews Forum

A place for the passionate

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Umphreys!
sk8er4ever0101
sk8er4ever0101
1/7/2007 01:11 PM

this show showed a damn good amount of energy and it flowed quite well.. i was so happy with the 30th but when i came on the 31 with tinkles overture playing i just went nuts. great show and deffinatly was happy with taj poppin up all over the place!

Duckfrey
Duckfrey
1/18/2007 01:22 AM

I think Umphrey's sucks. They are good musicians, but they are too tacky and cheesy for me.

nonoodlejam
nonoodlejam
1/21/2007 10:26 PM

These guys rock about as hard as Steely Dan. They need to stop worrying about playing in odd meter, and learn how to sing and write songs. Sorry, but it's true.

MatthewAtienza
MatthewAtienza
1/22/2007 07:04 PM

Outrageous musicians, can jam really well too but- their vocals are on the border line...

I support umphreys but man sometimes those vocals and lyrics really make myself question the music. Its not keeping me from seeing them in minneapolis both nights.

titaniumstarship
titaniumstarship
2/8/2007 09:07 AM

They should be opening for Taj...this is why the jam audience get's written off so easily.

sistakrista
sistakrista
2/11/2007 10:09 PM

you know I used to be a HUGE UM fan. HUGE!!! I first saw and fell in love with them in early 03'. They had me for a good while but to me their musical style has changed, as does most bands, but not for the better. I loved their in your face "cock rock" so to speak. The prog-rock style Relix would label them under. Straight to the point with out a lot of noodling or baggage. I liked the eben flow of the hardness to the light and fluffy back and forth beats. I always used to say Umphs was the perfect balance....a little for the ladies, a little for the boys. and I was all about it. But now for the past year or so whenever I leave a show I feel empty. Like I didnt get that slam in my face throwdown I remember getting. I feel like they are noodling more going off into random jams or Jimmy stewarts, whatever you wanna call it. I dont think UM improvs jams particularly well. I think they are better at keeping it organized and tight vs. the jammy jam jam that in my opinion ends up flopping and going nowhere. I do on the other hand love Safety in Numbers and all of their studio albums. There songs are great, I enjoy the lyrics, and emotion they put into their lyrics Im just used to them playing the songs with out all the long drawn out boring jams that i feel like they are doing more of these days. i definetly still am happy to put them in the cd player or even go see them when they come around town but the sparkle and excitement i once had for them is gone. wow, that felt good. i have been wanting to get that off of my chest. sad but true....

PHISHisDANK
PHISHisDANK
2/12/2007 03:33 AM

umphereys is fucking awsome i love it and they cover moe. its grate

sk8er4ever0101
sk8er4ever0101
2/12/2007 06:54 AM

phish, that was deffinatly the most informative comment ever!

andyluvsmoney
andyluvsmoney
2/12/2007 05:22 PM

umphreys kicks ass.....

sk8er4ever0101
sk8er4ever0101
2/12/2007 05:31 PM

they do, but lesh speaks some truth

but i still love em, as soon as i cant dance to it and enjoy it ill stop going!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use