Show Reviews Forum

A place for the passionate

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Gov't Mule NYE 06
roulduke
roulduke
1/1/2007 11:22 PM

What happened? Is Haynes switching from music to politics? Aside from a few highlights (Man's World, She Said, Tomorrow Never Knnows) this was the weakest New Years show I've ever seen. The field was wide open as far as socio-political events, if commentary was what you were after and the list of guests smacked of potential. Unfortunately Warren seemed to unplug his guitar after the first set. The stark political remarks and imagery left me feeling a bit disenchanted as well.

bahnbahn
bahnbahn
1/3/2007 03:35 AM

just curious as to what some of the things he said was?

scooterdjembe
scooterdjembe
1/17/2007 05:02 PM

Warren sounded crisp. I enjoyed his dub side of the mule w/ toots, john popper was a little weak. Althought i love the allmans dreams was the only greg song that was on point. I love the beacon 4 out of 5

nonoodlejam
nonoodlejam
1/21/2007 10:27 PM

Warren rocks. We need more blues and soul in the jam world.

DaMule
DaMule
2/13/2007 09:05 AM

I thought the NYE night 2nd set was a little lacking overall, mostly cause i couldnt understand a friggin word Toots said and the band seemed sorta lost. The other two sets and the appearance of Gregg Allman were awesome though. Yet another quality NYE show.

The only political stuff I remember hearing was during Mans World, and it was only 2 lyrics. So the guy took a break from shredding his strings to make a quick statement about politics...ya still got 4hrs and change of solid mule.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use