STS9, off night or losing the groove?
CircuitBent
CircuitBent
3/11/2010 12:58 PM

Sorry for 2x posts

struby420
struby420
3/11/2010 02:56 PM

only a hater would see them five times in 2009 right? drive 13 hours for a free show? hunter plays some amazing guitar, but it's not the same as bands who have longer, exploratory guitar solos. look at what i wrote. sts9 doesn't need a trey anastasio. i didn't say HB couldnt' play ever, but he doesn't have to be some kind of guitar god for soundtribe to be good. if trey sucked, phish would be as popular as any other jam band, probably less so. i've listened to the acoustic show soundboard, it was great. i have a halloween show from a while ago where he played acoustic during arigato, true to the artifact roots. i never said he was a bad guitar player, so get your shit straight before you talk.

CircuitBent
CircuitBent
3/11/2010 04:15 PM

@ stroby my original post was @ smokey but your post entered first. we're on the same page I just used "shred" as a synonym with good. Not like he shreds like trey.

Brodius
Brodius
3/12/2010 09:02 AM

saw them this weekend @ music farm and was pretty dissapointed... Ive seen many amazing tribe sets back in the day but was not impressed this weekend at all. The after party with Arch-Nemesis (curt from 'telepath' and justin from 'landsquid') was very badass!!

saveneworleans
saveneworleans
3/12/2010 10:07 AM

They tore it up in NOLA. made the mimosa/ PANTyRAID afterparty seem like childs play. Ive never seen the tribe before 2008 though.

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/12/2010 12:28 PM

ill tell you after tonight

cra00512
cra00512
3/13/2010 02:39 PM

show was just alright last night

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/14/2010 12:29 PM

norva show killed set 2 was massive

JamDaFunk
JamDaFunk
3/16/2010 03:51 PM

Norva set was amazing met the most beautiful sexy dready momma my S lady and the most amazing weekend with her and new friends and of course STS9 please if u have the setlist please post what it was my memory is failing me.

BenjaminHuman
BenjaminHuman
3/18/2010 07:07 AM

ive been looking for it. i found some link from a google search for "sts9 setlist norva" but i cant click them at work

JamDaFunk
JamDaFunk
3/19/2010 11:10 AM

There coming back for sure i havent been too empressed with peace blasters or ad explorta Artifacts rocked way harder and every pre artifacts but they ragged it at the norva and in DC so what i caught of the tour it was awsome crowd was awsome too after sunday show in DC everyone was out side ragging like the show was still on every one was jumpping up and down screaming and yelling it was amazing energy that ill always remember so dont stop showin up to STS9 shows see ya guys at the next one!

JamDaFunk
JamDaFunk
3/19/2010 11:10 AM

There coming back for sure i havent been too empressed with peace blasters or ad explorta Artifacts rocked way harder and every pre artifacts but they ragged it at the norva and in DC so what i caught of the tour it was awsome crowd was awsome too after sunday show in DC everyone was out side ragging like the show was still on every one was jumpping up and down screaming and yelling it was amazing energy that ill always remember so dont stop showin up to STS9 shows see ya guys at the next one!

AnthroPhan
AnthroPhan
3/21/2010 09:00 AM

Saw them on 3/20 in St. Louis...thought it was a raging show. A couple of the new songs were a little off but the old shit was ragin. Last time I saw them was early in Chicago 2009. Weaksauce show

struby420
struby420
3/23/2010 12:05 PM

If you're talking about the March 13th show at the Congress from last year Miguel then you're smoking crack. That show is baller. A Claremont Lounge EHM? The best Shock Doctrine to this date? Compare it to other Shock Doctrines, it maintains a consistent beat, doesn't go all ambient on us at the shift. Orbital was badass, as was TUSON. That show was probably their BEST show of 2009.

struby420
struby420
3/25/2010 10:00 AM

^you should definitely check them out when they play three nights in chicago in august w/ bassnectar and more. if the keep playing like they did this spring tour, they won't disappoint. older songs like "crystal instrument", "lo swaga", and "WMIOD" to name a few that i've seen personally, are getting facelifts and are being played with different effects beats, even "rent" is getting much needed refreshment. i don't know what changed from the lackluster summer and fall and NYE run, but they are more serious now. i saw them at cain's in tulsa and the pageant in STL in the past three weekends, and their game was on. they still played "heavy" though, at both venues, which makes me think they reeeally want people to like that song. i like the riff, but man, it's too repetitive and is probably the only STS9 song i hope i don't hear everytime i see them. i can't say that about any other sts9 song either, i love all of tribe's shit.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use