Musicians Only Forum

Go Play Live Music!

5 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Building Tools to help Bands succeed
jvilla
jvilla
1/23/2012 07:07 AM

I am working on architecting some tools to help local bands market themselves and connect with their fan base. I really want to get some input of the challenges local bands face in being successful.. I'd also like to know what tools and resources would be desirable to help local bands. This sort of a brainstorming/wish list thread. Let me know what you need or would like to have in a perfect world.

emuzikos
emuzikos
1/25/2012 12:56 AM

Hi,

there is already a neat tool to find local musicians, its called Emuzikos. It's really easy to find musicians or bands you need without spending hours on forums.

Have a look at http://emuzikos.com

Regards

jvilla
jvilla
1/25/2012 05:18 AM

Thanks for the link. It looks like a nice site, but it's a different direction and actually complimentary to what we are doing. Do you know who runs it? I would be interested in discussing a partnership. In the meantime.....

We have launched our preliminary site. Right now we are simply interested in opinions. If you are a musician (which most of you here are) Help us out by filling out our quick survey. Only a few questions but it would help us a great deal. Just head over to http://www.dblagentz.com and click the survey link. In return, we will help you out when we launch the final site.

blugrasser420
blugrasser420
4/29/2012 02:42 PM

it's really difficult for diy musicians to do alot of the leg work, and trying to build a fan base one by one, and trying to book gigs, and do all the marketing and advertising, without making any money or compensation at a show is very difficult, to say the least...if there was a list of venues that was known to pay, and generously at that, and already has their own clientele, whom enjoys music, and can understand the trails a struggling musician has to go through in order to want artists music to succeed... i def can get behind your idea, i hope y'all can get it together

jvilla
jvilla
5/3/2012 02:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We are actively working to get it going. We do need more survey feedback though. If you have fellow musicians that could add their opinions, it would be a great help.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use