Musicians Only Forum

Go Play Live Music!

3 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Guitar seeking serious Drummer practically ANYWHERE in the USA
twotontongue
twotontongue
7/21/2010 03:49 AM

I am looking for a drummer who has an overwhelming passion for making music. I LOVE it, and I want to make the best music I can possible create, and tour the world playing it. I have been finding it next to impossible to find a drummer who has the right attitude and mindset. So many flakes and half assed people who think they want to be in a serious band but don't have the right attitude to actually handle it. Personality wise I am a very easy going and peaceful guy. While I absolutely love music and making music, and could say "music is my life" I realize that there is also more to life than just music. But basically enjoying life to the fullest, growing/evolving as a person and learning to appreciate myself and life more everyday is my main goal in life. The more you appreciate life the better the music gets because you can put that energy into the songs. So I would love to find a drummer (to start with) who can dig on the simple life and appreciate all the steps in between. I am 100% confident in my song writing abilities and musicianship, I just need to find some cool people to play and write with. Of course in this world you need to have money to be truly free so I definitely want to make lots of money, but that comes naturally when you're doing what you love. So I want to start this by finding a drummer who can survive on their love of making music and living life so that every step of the process will be just as good as when we are playing in front of thousands. Musically I play all styles and genres, except for anything negative and angry like metal. I am big on the jam scene, indie, bluegrass, funk, and the tight 3 minute pop/rock song. I have many different bands and influences of all genres, here are a few of my favorites besides the obvious greats (beatles, zep, marley, neil young, grateful dead etc)...T. Rex, My Morning Jacket, Soulive, Galactic, Dandy Warhols, Junior Senior, Perpetual Groove, Built to Spill, Guster, Gomez, Avett Brothers, Particle, Yo la tengo, velvet underground. I would love to find a drummer who is good at improvising as well, but that could be worked around or devolped. Anyway, yeah im definitely into the whole peace and love vibe although I hate being labeled as a hippie. It's a good label for me but it doesn't do me justice. lol. Anyway please contact me. I am willing to move to just about anywhere for the right musician. Ideally though, I want to avoid the major cities like NYC, LA and any giant city like that (outside of them somewhere could be okay, although not NYC or Southern CA, they are very dangerous karmic places to be living at this point in time) because they are just not for me. Anyway please drop me a line and have a great one!

brantack
brantack
10/5/2010 11:18 PM

dude, id be down, but im moving to oakland next month... idk keep in touch i guess cause i feel ya on everything you wrote.. hit me up bro

twotontongue
twotontongue
12/10/2010 05:28 PM

I am still looking if anyone is interested. Brantrack, hit me up again if you are still interested.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use