Musicians Only Forum

Go Play Live Music!

7 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Guitarist in Iowa seeking a drummer...will relocate anywhere if chemistry is right
hairykneelsun
hairykneelsun
3/12/2010 09:30 PM

Guitarist currently in Dubuque, Iowa is seeking a drummer and a bassist too but that's more of a secondary desire. I literally like all genres of music (except angry and/or negative music) and write songs in all genres as well. I love to improvise and jam out and am very good at it, and I also appreciate and love a well structured song with every note in it's right place (especially for the recorded album version) too. I am very serious about making a career out of playing music because it is what I love to do. Of course my main priority in life is to my own personal evolution as a human, but I want to express my ever increasing positivity, love, and appreciation for life and the world to the world through the wonderful art of music. To make the best music I can make and to enjoy it myself and share it with others is my motivation...and of course I want financial freedom and the means to travel the world playing music as well. I definitely have the talent and songwriting ability to make a very successful career and tons of great music, I really just need a drummer. If I can find an awesome bassist as well, that's great, other musicians are possible as well but not necessary at this time. If you live near Dubuque Iowa, and you aren't THIS serious about making music, dont worry, feel free to drop me a line cause I could still use a temporary drummer or someone to just play a few gigs and jam when you can in the meantime as well. Here are some of my favorite artists...Beatles, T. Rex, My Morning Jacket, Led Zep, Bob Marley, Neil Young, galactic, soulive, dandy warhols, built to spill, YMSB, particle, jurassic 5, north mississippi allstars, moe, phish, grateful dead, big star, velvet underground, french kicks, nickel creek, perpetual groove, guster, gomez, smashing pumpkins, dr dog, super furry animals, junior senior, lcd soundsystem, iron and wine, fela/femi kuti, ween, superdrag, moby grape, ben kweller, avett brothers, robert randolph, lotus, sts9, radiohead, harry nilsson, allison krauss and union station, devandra banhart, air, etc etc etc.

I am very easy going, full of energy and yet very laid back, positive, and fun. Personality wise I would love to find a drummer and bassist who share a similar positive and loving view towards humanity and all of life. I want to spread a positive message of peace and love and appreciation of yourself and others through the music and the message, without being up stuck up and egotistical about it. Anyway hope you are out there! Thanks and have a great one!

twotontongue
twotontongue
3/20/2010 01:48 PM

Thanks for the recommendation but I am only looking for drummer or a bassist right now.

railroadearth6
railroadearth6
3/21/2010 02:23 PM

craigslist, kiddo.

GroverDudeRanch
GroverDudeRanch
3/22/2010 11:36 AM

Drummer in Iowa City looking to jam.

revorg1@gmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07D6gxpAKqk

hairykneelsun
hairykneelsun
4/4/2010 12:15 AM

Craigslist? Gee Whiz, what's that??? Haha, Come on, of course I have tried CL...but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

GroverDudeRanch
GroverDudeRanch
4/18/2010 11:00 AM

maybe the hat is too much...

GroverDudeRanch
GroverDudeRanch
5/4/2010 12:35 PM

time for a new hat...

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use