Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

9 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Outside Lands 2011 | San Francisco | Review | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
8/21/2011 12:00 AM

Outside Lands 2011 | San Francisco | Review | Pics
Lots of photos and the juicy highlights from the foodie-centric fourth gathering in Golden Gate Park with Phish, Muse, Arcade Fire and many more.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
8/22/2011 07:32 AM

You guys bringing back the shitty picture viewer is truly insulting.

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
8/22/2011 07:42 AM

Yeah that shitty picture viewdeet don’t bring on the heat.

Why Jambase why? Why upset good peeps with the comment killers and the old picture viewlers.

We ran out of beer on the Friday so we threw bottle rockets and roman candles in buddy’s trunk. We closed the trunk and listened to the sounds. Then my buddy Matt wanted to be inside the trunk with the next batch so we were like.. ok. He got in there with 5 roman candles and 14 bottle rockets. I never heard somebody scream like that.

Then we forgot he was in there ‘cause we were all trippin balls. He was stuck in there bleeding & tripping for 6 hours. I remembered he was in there when sts9 hit the stage.

We couldn’t miss there set so we danced and when they were done, we went back and let matt out of the trunk. Matt wasn’t feeling well and his arms were all burnt. He cried a little too… while he was locked in the truck.

I don't think firecrackers are as good from the trunk

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
8/22/2011 08:35 AM

That picture with that guy in its its killer.

bigchris
bigchris
8/22/2011 03:52 PM

No review of the Roots? major failure! They were the best act I saw all weekend, they blew up the Twin Peaks stage. Talk about high energy, shoulda wrote about them instead of control>alt>delete STS9. Also, John Fogerty didn't play even ONE of his solo tunes. I don't know what show that dude was at.

Fogerty's set was really great too, reminded me why Credence is so bad-ass!Perfect for a sunny day in the park.

my top 5

1)Roots

2)Fogerty

3)Tune Yards

4)Arctic Monkeys

5)BAD

5a)Laytrx

even though the park was plenty full, this OSL sold out each day(60K), it was the best organized and run one yet! Kuddos to APE and all the folks that made this happen.

See ya next year in the park!

ps.please kill off that dumb picture viewer

slackmob
slackmob
8/23/2011 03:03 PM

It really sucks to have to look at pics this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
8/26/2011 02:12 PM

For those who have been visiting the site for more than 4 years, you know they have slowly gone to shit. The stories, article, reviews ETC...... have been sub par or non-existent.

If your fed up with them skipping the review of a phish festival, yet giving us a review with over 100 photos for Katy Perry! then let them know, and tell them if they don't change that we'll get our live music news elsewhere (Jambands.com).

http://www.jambase.com/About/Contact/

http://www.jambase.com/About/Credits.aspx

dubrockpete
dubrockpete
12/7/2011 06:01 PM

Please include Slightly Stoopid next year I love them!!!

justinbernz
justinbernz
2/27/2012 01:41 PM

plz bring SLIGHTLY STOOPID!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use