Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

36 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
Umphrey's McGee | Red Rocks | Review | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
7/11/2011 12:00 AM

Umphrey's McGee | Red Rocks | Review | Pics
The second Red Rocks & Blue confirms a band at the rising peak of their power.

sahagian
sahagian
7/11/2011 02:20 PM

Damn, I wish I could have been there... I love these guys!

bnaylor
bnaylor
7/11/2011 03:52 PM

lol this band is so fucking lame..... bro out central.. they have been playing for 14 years now do something already. yawn...

devonspeas
devonspeas
7/11/2011 04:08 PM

These guys totally suck, except for their music...which is awesome.

thegrandwazoo40
thegrandwazoo40
7/11/2011 04:39 PM

Can you play any of their songs on your instrument of choice? Do you even play an instrument?

lotusfuckinrocks
lotusfuckinrocks
7/11/2011 06:50 PM

Look at his clown picture. Explains his nuisance. I usually dont give these people the time of day but this is one of my favs right now. Jake is by far one of the best gutairist out there right now, and if you dont believe me go see thier next show. Been nowhere, Done Nothing. Ha thats fricken hilarious!

PrimusLick
PrimusLick
7/11/2011 07:04 PM

too good. cant wait to go back

aaamma
aaamma
7/11/2011 11:03 PM

HAHAHA.I totally agree 2 up^^^ there. Clown pic??? WTF. 14 yrs?? It's 13. Do something?? Maybe the clown should get a life. And yes, Jake IS the best guitarist out there not to mention he plays w/so much soul that it's infectious. BB has improved SO much in the last yr, Stasik rocks that bass like a guitar, Joel..well nuf said!!, the band wouldn't be the same w/out Farag (kinda like Lotus losing their perc), & well Kris?...coming from a die hard DMB fan (90+ shows), I'd say that he's a fraction below Carter Beauford whom I believe is & will always be the BEST! If u disagree on that, just look at his set. So the clown needs to open his eyes & ears cuz in case he missed it, UM is not only selling music like crazy, but they have evolved from a small time Chicago band to an extremely popular world wide band. They were also one of the top requested bands to get back on Jam Cruise..but clown is prob. oblivious to that. Damn I wish UM would do something!!! And btw...Lotus DOES fuckin rock. My fav!

bnaylor
bnaylor
7/12/2011 06:00 AM

jake plays with so much soul. o my sweet jesus lay off the shadrz....

whoa top requested band for jam cruise.. i cant go cause i would punch stasik in the face...

you just admitted your a die hard dave fan.. gross... 90 plus shows. you see one dave show you seen them all.

1997 - 2011 = 14 yrs

its cool for lil children to have a band.... but in all honesty umphreys sucks so much...

had to canceled there toledo show cause they didnt sell enough tickets... lol it holds 2000 people...

lotus is your fav. jesus lay off the shardz..

Listen to jazz... real musicians... real soul...

Baylis looks like he has down syndrome and sings like a pussy...

bnaylor
bnaylor
7/12/2011 06:02 AM

but there so headie right now man. so much crunch at an umphreys show. lol...

o by the way been seeing these tards since 03. so like i said do something already....

bnaylor
bnaylor
7/12/2011 06:06 AM

also when you play RR fucking sell it out already, or dont play there.

remmyotto
remmyotto
7/12/2011 07:58 AM

First of all, thanks to Bryan Tobian for the review, and for Chad Smith's amazing photos (as always).

___

Umphrey's started as a band in 1998, not 1997.

What the hell is "shadrz"?

"Do something"? Not sure what that means. They are playing music across the country including their first two-set headlining show at Red Rocks, writing new songs, releasing a new album . . .

But thanks for taking the time to contribute to the thread!

lotusfuckinrocks
lotusfuckinrocks
7/12/2011 08:05 AM

Oh shardz, if your mother only knew. Is crunchy music refer to the music or the people? i have no idea what this means but i like it. Ive never seen so many peoples jaws dropped then i have at an umphreys show and to me that means something.

hellopanda
hellopanda
7/12/2011 08:21 AM

some interesting little nuggets I felt moved to comment on...

a) yeah, I miss Lotus' percussionist. still a great band but the sound was just so much better with that man on the kit...bummer

b) yeah, Carter is certainly one of the greatest drummers to ever live, and quite possibly the best (that can and will always be argued)...but I find it interesting when people insult DMB so broadly b/c I suppose they have no idea they are insulting (as I stated earlier) one of the greatest drummers to ever live....just a thought

c) oh yeah, and UM is changing the history of rock and roll music (and therefore, music) in their own little way, right before our eyes. They are making music and combining sounds in ways that have literally never been done before - it's thrilling! Only time will reveal how special and influential they are...especially when the great bands of the future will start saying "Oh yeah, Jake Cinninger was my biggest influence...he made me want to play guitar"

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
7/12/2011 08:24 AM

UM brings on the hot & heavy superb dank stinky feet heat better than any of these other dam jam bans can’t!!!!!

I seen them in Boston 4 times and they fucked it up!! It was like the blow up yer head festivals!!

The music fucked me around and then Jake dropped some solo that screwed my friends over BIG TIME. My bro be pukin and shit, my other bud had shit running down his leg (bad shardz).

Good times… and we’ll do it again. Fuck YEAH!!!!!!!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use