Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

11 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Umphrey’s McGee | Red Rocks Preview
JamBase
JamBase
7/1/2011 12:00 AM

Umphrey’s McGee | Red Rocks Preview
Brendan Bayliss talks about returning to the fabled Colorado venue on Sunday and the state of Umph today.

Smashapalooza
Smashapalooza
7/2/2011 05:19 AM

stellar interview. Kudos to you sir.

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
7/2/2011 07:59 AM

Yes! Great interview! Thank's for that little treat :)

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
7/2/2011 08:39 AM

...also very happy to see that comments were permitted for this article, thank you JamBase, I still appreciate what you do.

stashumhere
stashumhere
7/2/2011 11:35 AM

I like what you are doing with the comments jambase - good selection choices so far. huge improvement.

for the interview, i gotta say, bayliss really isn't giving umph great media attention. this interview makes it seem like umphrey's is a job, and while better than most, doesn't seem like he's the happiest person in the world. he kind of bad mouths his own band - nice change of pace haha - but this interview didn't really get me excited to go see umph.

great interview though jambase, your end was completed very professionally and thoroughly.

311texan33
311texan33
7/2/2011 01:50 PM

Can't wait to see that big juicy pile of yes's at the rocks.

twophargone
twophargone
7/2/2011 04:31 PM

stashumhere, It is a job,especially if you are trying to be creative every night on stage instead of playing the same old same old. I don't believe there was any negativity in his response. In fact,he seemed happy to be able to say he is an artist who can make a living doing what he and the rest of the band love. It is tough to be in the music industry today. The economy, Internet, and Ticketmaster are destroying the business in my opinion with inflated ticket prices and digital music sales compared to the days of going to the record store.

Anyway, good read Jambase and I'm excited for the shows this weekend! Happy 4'th!

danwonsover
danwonsover
7/3/2011 04:30 PM

Best band ever.

direwolf09
direwolf09
7/4/2011 11:57 PM

great article! cant wait to see em shred the latenight slot at allgood!

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
7/7/2011 09:49 AM

So why can’t UM do it better than any of these other bands can’t? If they would, they could. If they should, they dould. Widespread Panic hold it down better with flind folds and thongs on it.

No that's the HHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!

FrogBrigade22
FrogBrigade22
7/7/2011 12:49 PM

see lance, your comment is why jambase has disabled the article comment section! Widespread has nothing to do with this article and your just in here trolling.

I love UM and i can see how bayliss views it as a job, because it is! imagine going state to state playing shows and not even have time to relax and party because you've got to be 6 hours away in 7 hours! Overall though, great interview and im excited for the new studio album although they're never has good as the live ones.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use