Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

41 Total Messages • Page 3 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 
Bonnaroo 2011 | Review | Pics
lovemusical
lovemusical
6/21/2011 11:17 AM

^There's a complete difference between disagreeing with an article, or a point of view and being a trolling douche asshole who didn't get enough attention growing up, and feel that making outragous, irrelevant ridiculous remarks validates you being worthless and unwanted. I would venture to guess that JB doesn't need the comment section to function. That it's more of a bonus for readers to discuss articles. I agree they should bring back the "thumbs" feature and let democracy rule.

stringche101
stringche101
6/21/2011 01:24 PM

Comments are one of the better features of this site. If you dont like the comments people are saying about the website, then you must be doing something wrong, and if a bunch of people are all complaining about the same thing, then why not fix it? If you didnt have comments on here, how would we be able to have this discussion we are right now???????????

chux7487
chux7487
6/21/2011 02:12 PM

@phillinweird- boom. hit the nail on the head. go to cnn.com and check the comments out at the bottom of their articles, TONS of differing viewpoints, some of which are douche bags just trying to get attention, other of which are insightful and related remarks to the respective articles. jambase do not do this, it would be a terrible waste of 1000 voices.

jonnynra
jonnynra
6/21/2011 04:26 PM

I agree that thumbs up/down was a good way to police the comments section. I think if user X received Y amount of thumbs down in Z period of time, their account should set off a red alert for editorial who could disabled their ability to post for a period of time (think of "warning" on AOL back in the day). This way getting thumbs down would actually have some bite.

Full Disclosure: I am a Jambase contributor who has had plenty of work hated on, complemented and had those comments thumbs up/downed

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
6/21/2011 10:38 PM

Hate to see the comments go, always nice to get feedback on the articles whether they are good, bad, ugly or trollish.

Also, I did make small mention of the Ratatat set in my Friday review (http://www.jambase.com/Articles/50229/Bonnaroo-2011-Day-Two-Review-Pics) but I was only there for about 25 minutes or so (did a LOT of moving around that night). The little bit I did see was pretty damn sweet. Been a fan since their early years, was my first time to finally see them.

Hard to even rank the artists we got to see on Friday late night. All I know is that Lil Wayne finishes last. After that it's a toss-up. So for now, Friday night is like this -

T-1. R@@@ T-1. Shpongle T-1. Black Angels T-1. Big Boi 27th. Weezy

Bummer, b/c I like Wayne.

electronicjams
electronicjams
6/22/2011 10:21 AM

Jambase, you're extremely slow with music news, so it would behoove you to bring back the comments. I like connecting with other fans over shows, not just someone who fluffs the hell out everything. Sure, there's always that d-bag who trolls and wants to rile people up, but that comes with the territory. Bring back the comments, have the thumbs up/thumbs down option to get rid of trolls and spam, and I will be back. Or at least keep the comments for reviews.

BGsteveBG
BGsteveBG
6/22/2011 02:46 PM

I agree with the majority here. As a live music lover, and somebody who feels compelled to comment positively on a show/band I enjoy, and also somebody who does not click or comment on articles about bands/shows that I do not, I feel the comments are absolutely necessary for this site. I have gone out and bought tickets to shows, not because of the article content, but because of fans commenting on how much they enjoy that band or artist.

I've been visiting this website for several years, who knows exactly how many, but I recall the comments becoming much worse after the thumbs up/down were taken away.

PLEASE put the thumb option back, and let us comment.

NOW, for hopefully not my last comment on this site... this Roo was my 5th, and by far my favorite. Haters are gonna hate, but I had very little spare time from Thursday -- Sunday from 1pm until 4am, due to the stacked line up. A little more clouds, and a little less dust, then it would have been 100%.

BGsteveBG
BGsteveBG
6/22/2011 03:05 PM

I agree with the majority here. As a live music lover, and somebody who feels compelled to comment positively on a show/band I enjoy, and also somebody who does not click or comment on articles about bands/shows that I do not, I feel the comments are absolutely necessary for this site. I have gone out and bought tickets to shows, not because of the article content, but because of fans commenting on how much they enjoy that band or artist.

I've been visiting this website for several years, who knows exactly how many, but I recall the comments becoming much worse after the thumbs up/down were taken away.

PLEASE put the thumb option back, and let us comment.

NOW, for hopefully not my last comment on this site... this Roo was my 5th, and by far my favorite. Haters are gonna hate, but I had very little spare time from Thursday -- Sunday from 1pm until 4am, due to the stacked line up. A little more clouds, and a little less dust, then it would have been 100%.

djschusta
djschusta
6/24/2011 05:05 AM

I've also boughten tickets to shows because of comments on Jambase, not because of the articles themselves. Without the comments, Jambase isn't useful anymore and I will frequent other sites. Removing comments will be the final nail in the coffin for Jambase, so I highly recommend you bring comments back with thumbs up/down.

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
6/26/2011 10:14 AM

If NPR has to deal with the volume of horrid, hateful comments that are posted on their message boards, I don't see how you can even start to bitch about what goes on here.

snowman910
snowman910
6/29/2011 09:11 AM

some Bonnaroo 2011 shows are turning up on dime, any popping up anyplace else?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use