Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

41 Total Messages • Page 2 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 
Bonnaroo 2011 | Review | Pics
Beaser
Beaser
6/20/2011 08:53 AM

I'm not going to waste my time getting upset at Jambase anymore, I used to LOVE this site and would spend a good amount of time digesting all of the good articles/reviews (nothing half-assed, or recycled, but articles that were worth the time it would take me to read them and then some). Now I probably spend no more than 30 seconds - 1 minute glancing at the newswire before I realize I might as well be at Jambands.com or Hidden Track...it's really sad how far this site has fallen and even though I think that a lot of the comments recently have been extremely negative and unrelated to the artcles, to remove them all together just doesn't seem right. I agree with Crazyleggeduff on having the readers being able to like/dislike and therefore hide some of the garbage comments....its really just too bad.

panicathome
panicathome
6/20/2011 09:34 AM

I love jambase. Always have, always will. No matter what direction they head in, I support they %100. I have all ready started posting comments on their facebook page. It was no big deal. I do come to this website, mainly for the comments though, and I hope everyone continues to comment on facebook. The crowd is just as important as the content, and i want to say thank you to Jambase for providing a medium where people from all over the world can come together to share music, and make friends. Sure I hate facebook to a degree, but if anyone wants to add me, Matthew McGuire or my page Crescent Vale, feel free. Genuine, good hearted music lovers can always hang out with me, online or in person. Cheers everyone, here is to the next step for now.

panicathome
panicathome
6/20/2011 09:35 AM

^them

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
6/20/2011 10:31 AM

I will definitely miss the comments.

electronicjams
electronicjams
6/20/2011 12:23 PM

shits wizeak

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
6/20/2011 01:28 PM

Jambase - why would you succumb to the online jap-bots and get rid of posting forever? It made sense that it went away temporarily to fix the spam problem - but forever?

Glad no one ever handed over their bank info!

aquariumdrunk
aquariumdrunk
6/20/2011 01:52 PM

I still love you, JamBase. <3

PhilnWeird
PhilnWeird
6/20/2011 04:01 PM

No comments means no real reviews of some great musical events. Reviews from one person is so biased it does not do the readers justice. As for one there is hardly a mention of Ratatat in this article and not one picture. This is sad because it was the best experience of the weekend. Jambase has fallen. How far? We will see!

chidodger
chidodger
6/20/2011 06:32 PM

Should this be my last ever post......

I could care less about this past Bonnaroo, but I hope everyone had a good time. I think it sucks you guys are killing the comments on this site. I'v had some pretty good discussions and actually met some really cool people thru the comments section on the is site. I know d-bags will be d-bags on here, and others will try to sell you knock-off Tommy Hillfiger crap as well, but to a guy that has followed this site and and commented for years, I just think this sucks. It's your site, and do what you want to do, but without the comments, your the same as EVERY OTHER MUSIC SITE. Jambands.com and Pitchfork.com more or less have all the same info you guys have, but the people that commented on jambase.com made this site the best. Best of luck to you.

snappy
snappy
6/20/2011 07:22 PM

Editor's Note: For the sake of discussion, how willing to help make comments a positive thing are those of you so passionate about their inclusion? Will you help shut down racist, hateful and other attacks by making it clear they aren't welcome here? We're curious if this COMMUNITY is willing to act like one in order to maintain comments as an active part of JamBase. As a business, it's hard to justify creating a space where people effectively stand in front of your shop and hold up signs that say, "These guys suck!" Since many use the comments section to actively attack JamBase, well, it's hard to see the benefit for JamBase. This is why other music sites don't have comments. We tried for years to keep an open space and an open mind about comments, but it's become increasingly clear that the majority of people using them aren't really positive about what JamBase is doing. So, why give people that don't like what you do a platform to throw rotten vegetables at you? That's the question we've been asking. That's why comments are currently slated to be eliminated with rare exceptions on editorial content. But, as always, we're open to hearing what the users of this site have to say so.

djschusta
djschusta
6/20/2011 08:53 PM

The thumbs up thumbs down method was the best. Negative comments are hidden by default. Anything that is really negative is literally flagged for you to delete. Notice how things got slowly bad when you after you got rid of the thumbs?? Bring back the thumbs and the community thrives!!!!!!

CrazyleggedDuff
CrazyleggedDuff
6/20/2011 09:33 PM

Jambase has a diverse taste; one that literally reaches into my brain cavity, pulling the eccentric strings that taps into the artists that actually cause stimulation. Sound dirty? It is....

I would love to stand up for this COMMUNITY, but the spam and the assholes are relentless. I lurk these articles, and the comments. I do not want to waste time fighting with the dipshits who taint the content of the site. I have a feeling many more are with me on this.... Thumbs down and hide the ass hats= more meaningful discussions.

goose31285
goose31285
6/21/2011 01:13 AM

goddamn am I gonna miss lances' comments! that guy really brought the HHHHEEEEEAAAATTT!

djschusta, I couldn't agree more...works well enough on yahoo!, why not bring it back here? I understand the negativity that some people bring not being wanted (and I fully acknowledge being guilty of this at times) but this is just going to kill it for me.

as far as B-roo, well I went in '05, my one and only trip, and I'll never forget it. but, I'll probably never go back; as great as it was, it was too damn hot, ( and there's no relief in the form of shade), and the thing has gotten way to big and SOLD OUT! my god, some of the acts they've had in the past few years have just made me want to puke my guts out!! but for those who went, i still hope you had a great time...

PhilnWeird
PhilnWeird
6/21/2011 10:15 AM

Question. "So, why give people that don't like what you do a platform to throw rotten vegetables at you?"

Answer. Because you are a news source. Who cares what people say about you. That is their 5th amendment right to bash you if they don't like what you are reporting. If people are talking about your articles and talking about bands this is a good thing. Ever hear the phrase that any publicity is good publicity. Well for these bands this is true. Do you think the Disco Biscuits care how many people say they suck on their public forums? No they do not. This is the scene we live in and people will say what they want. If you block the comments you are completely taking away from the community and the fan experience. I think the site is scared of the truth that everybody out there does not like everything you report. Thats what makes music great. Not everybody likes the same things. Get a handle on it and act like grown ups. Don't be afraid of the truth. Festivals take the good comments with the bad and try to make improvements from the bad comments. Maybe you should learn to do this... Just saying.

PhilnWeird
PhilnWeird
6/21/2011 10:17 AM

*First amendment right. My bad. Forgot my civics lesson for today.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use