Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

41 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
Bonnaroo 2011 | Review | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
6/17/2011 12:00 AM

Bonnaroo 2011 | Review | Pics
A massive recap of the landmark festival’s 10th anniversary hits the highlights and offers up tons of photos.

snappy
snappy
6/17/2011 03:48 PM

Editor's Note: While we are currently phasing out comments on JamBase articles/newswires, we decided to make an exception for this piece since Bonnaroo is an annual rallying point for JamBase readers. We hope you'll use the opportunity to have a cool discussion.

CrazyleggedDuff
CrazyleggedDuff
6/17/2011 09:35 PM

I will miss the comments. Especially back in the good ole days, when you could thumbs up or down the comments; hiding the irrelevant nonsense. my $.02.

The highlight of the weekend was Gogol Bordello's crazy late night throwdown. Others included Man Man, the Low Anthem, Primus sucks, RRE, Old Crow, and Hanggai.

The incident was a trip.

Nice Photos!

toeknee420
toeknee420
6/18/2011 06:48 AM

bonnaroo sucks

down with free speech!

hellopanda
hellopanda
6/18/2011 08:15 AM

Man, that's a shame that there will be no more comments. While most of the comments these days have been irrelevant and negative (likely due to the "direction" jambase has taken), it was still one of the last great things about the site. Yes, they sometimes still have GREAT articles/reviews (like this one), but man...this website just ain't what it used to be...RIP Jambase.

On a lighter note, great review. I used to rag on Bonnaroo (went in '07 and '08 and had a BLAST) because of the crowds and traffic and the direction switch from more jam-oriented to seemingly mainstream/hipster, but I gotta say from those pics....man that looked like so much damn fun! Great to read about the Meters -> SCI -> STS9 jaunt the author had. Sometimes I feel like Bonnaroo is all about "what's hot in the indie world at the moment" and there are so many bands that seem faddish...great to see some jam stalwarts doing what they do time and time again and throwing a party.

lovemusical
lovemusical
6/18/2011 08:20 PM

WTF Jambase? You men to tell us you don't enjoy an endless stream of spam and trolls terrorizing your website and driving away droves of genuine music lovers?

Bonnaroo where art thou? Are you the sum of all your parts? Are you a festival that started of as an phenom of "Jam"-centric improv music that attracted masses of music junkies from all over the nation to your humid bliss? Or are you a juggernaut cash cow that sadly cowered to the allmighty god of MTV pop culture? Whatever the answer is, I choose to stay away. No loss for you, no loss for me. Don't haunt my dreams. Stay in your world, and hopefully make a difference. As our culture goes the way of every empire, choose your friends wisely.

cliftonhanger420
cliftonhanger420
6/19/2011 06:32 AM

I love the comments and will probably not come back to jambase as much after they take out the comments. sometimes the comments are more lengthy and interesting then these one paragraph articles. I do understand somewhat, because i've gotten sick of people getting on to just bash a band repeatedly. i blame "lanceuphisbutt" aka Jamie Bacon will all these and his gay wsp rants. that's probably my last $.02. thanks jamie and thanks jambase, it was nice knowing y'all.

froey
froey
6/19/2011 07:24 AM

i think if they implemented an ignore function that could help decrease the negativity and also for those who dont care to see the spam. read just about every message board and you will see lots of negativity and in-fighting. thats the internets. its a major bummer hearing jambase is dumping comments because it was a good way to show support of a write up or a band. there were those who just attacked and were negative but thats how it will always be. just gotta filter it out, reader.

chux7487
chux7487
6/19/2011 08:08 AM

the comments are what makes this site. i love reading peoples reactions to things, positive or negative and it sucks that this will no longer be a part of jambase. i usually only come here because i like reading the articles but more so what ppl thnk about them.

jones4cr
jones4cr
6/19/2011 01:36 PM

This is the first I have seen a post or anything that said the comments where going away, but I have been wondering and this is sad news. To be honest, I don't remember the last comment I have made, but I still enjoy (for the most part) reading others opinions of the event. A lot of time I get more of a feel for the show from the comments than the article. It refreshing to hear folks excitement at a tour announcement, ya know? I guess I won't be visiting much anymore.......

Oh, I hope all who attended Broo had fun....

snappy
snappy
6/19/2011 05:11 PM

Editor's Note: There are plenty of places in the Forums where folks can discuss music, including articles published on JamBase, but in general comments will not be directly linked to articles for a variety of reasons (including the ones pointed out in this thread). We're not stifling freedom of speech, just making those who want to exercise it have to make the choice to create threads and access them to comment.

chux7487
chux7487
6/19/2011 06:47 PM

^damn you

toestothenose
toestothenose
6/19/2011 07:15 PM

seriously WTF would I do with out my Christian Audigier Bikini.

Mash-up from the Roo - http://beatofmystrut.com/index.php/the-beat/91-bonnaroo-2011-video-mash-up.html

misteveious
misteveious
6/19/2011 07:59 PM

all right then jambase. here's my final comment: you guys suck. get your identity straight. pitchfork is better for indie and jambands is better for jam. who are you? you are now officially removed from my bookmarks.

snappy
snappy
6/20/2011 08:08 AM

Editor's Note: Readers are also welcome to follow editorial content AND comment on it on the JamBase Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/jambase). We will continue to provide the most extensive live show listing on the web for all manner of music - jam, indie and otherwise - and offer information and reviews we hope enrich your music going experiences.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use