Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

14 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Bonnaroo 2011 Preview
JamBase
JamBase
6/6/2011 12:00 AM

Bonnaroo 2011 Preview
11 Bands-You-Need-To-See at this coming weekend’s 10th anniversary gathering.

chux7487
chux7487
6/6/2011 11:25 AM

safe travels to all that climb the bonnaroo mountain this year!! remember to leave for centeroo very early from your campsites to catch the shows u want to see, they are scanning every single persons wristband upon entering the venue (electronic chips in the wristbands, crazy i know), the line will be loooooooonggggg.

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
6/6/2011 02:32 PM

No thanks! Seems like way to much work, too much nonsense to deal with to see "meh" bands. I'll pass!

themerchboy
themerchboy
6/6/2011 03:38 PM

Woodstock~ Don't eat the brown a**d.

Bonnaroo~ Don't take the brown shower.

chux7487
chux7487
6/6/2011 04:01 PM

wow. you really self censored the word 'acid'. good job.

brutalbrent
brutalbrent
6/6/2011 04:59 PM

Its ok choirboy(merchboy), you can spell out ACID. You should come over to general

discussion where you can talk about ACID AND OTHER DRUGS.

hellopanda
hellopanda
6/7/2011 07:16 AM

Great feature! That Futurebirds video was amazing! I've never heard of them before. Humbly I admit things like this are good for me; at times like this I realize that I get a stuck in the jam world (which, trust me, is the greatest place in the world to be). Even though the big jammers are truly my favorite bands to listen to and see live, I really should stretch myself a little more in discovering new music hehe....cheers to everyone going, have fun, and live it up, it only happens once a year!

mythmunky
mythmunky
6/7/2011 08:12 AM

Great article! It really makes me wish I could go this year, but All Good's lineup is just too good to pass up, and I can't afford both. Another lineup like this next year though and I might just have to make that trip again.

crowesfan
crowesfan
6/7/2011 04:21 PM

J Roddy Walston and The Business should have been on that list. Epic live shows.

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
6/7/2011 07:18 PM

ive never made to the roo, but isnt' Cheese gonna be there this year? not one mention that i read . or did they back out. there bonnaroo shows are always inspired

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
6/7/2011 07:19 PM

acid is not a bad word

chux7487
chux7487
6/7/2011 09:35 PM

wow you have never made it to roo? i wouldnt bother now probably but anyway, yea SCI is there and im sure they are going to fucking ROCK that place for sure.

kaiserbun
kaiserbun
6/8/2011 05:49 AM

i miss the bonnaroo days. i went to the first 6 of them, haven't been back in a few years though. i think the best show i ever saw at bonnaroo was umpnhrey's mcgee in 2006. at least i think it was 2006, disco biscuits came on right after them that night. i'd seen them once before about 6 months earlier, but still didn't know much about them. that show was incredible and i've been a huge fan since. most of these bands mentioned probably won't have the success umphrey's is having, but its always cool to check them out. i first heard yonder mountain string band at bonnaroo as well in 2003. You never know what you might like. Makes it a little like going to jazzfest, the small local acts are sometimes the best.

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
6/8/2011 07:34 AM

Great article... i love the youtube an shit.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use