Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

45 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
Hangout Music Festival 2011 | Review | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
5/27/2011 12:00 AM

Hangout Music Festival 2011 | Review | Pics
The beachfront Gulf Shores gathering pulled off another magic weekend in its second year with Foo Fighters, Widespread Panic, Paul Simon and much more.

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
5/27/2011 03:04 PM

Looks awesome.

bestdeutch
bestdeutch
5/27/2011 03:06 PM

Worst festival I have ever been to. Save yourself time and money and go enjoy music festivals in states that have a liberal attitude and don't go anywhere past the Mason-Dixon Line. The festival was a scam so the police in Baldwin County could make thousands off out of state travelers for misdemeanor charges. I personally had to pay over $3,000 to get out of jail for having less than 7grams of weed. It was hidden in my underwear and the security frisked me so I turned around to leave and the next thing I know 5 cops are beating me to the ground telling me to stop resisting when they had no evidence nor told me I was under arrest before I was kicked in the back and dragged across the pavement before they even had any evidence on me. I wasn't read my rights and I was forced to sit in processing for 12 hours with no phone call. Then I was put in county lock up until my friends could get $3,000. Which they did and paid for it at 4PM and then I wasn't released until 11PM that day so almost 32 hours of my life and $3,000 later I got to go home and now I am having to pay almost $5,000 to get the case dropped because the swine had no reason to arrest me or search me since I never entered festival grounds.

You can make the judgement for yourselves just think about where you are going before you buy those tickets. I have traveled all over the US for festivals and this was by far the worst one I have ever seen not only was the presence of swine over abundant but they only had to water stations for 35,000 ppl that only had hot water from a hose coming out of them. Any late night tickets or shuttle passes bought were a joke since you could walk into any late night and you could get on the shuttle without paying. The festival sold out but if you had money the security wld take it and give you a wristband so it became way over crowded. Not enough bathrooms for 35,000 ppl, the stages were small and u cldnt see half of the shows from a good spot. All the vendors charged different prices for merch and beer when it was all the same thing. The town ran out of booze and cigarettes a day into the festival. No shade anywhere on the festival grounds and there were about 25 undercovers grabbing ppl for just smoking some weed at a festival.

FUCK ALABAMA and THE HANGOUT MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!

stumoog52
stumoog52
5/27/2011 03:13 PM

One down, more to go hopefully.

I don't know if you heard or not, but marijuana is illegal in most of the country dumbass...I hate that you got busted, but don't hate on an entire state just because you can't hide your weed right...

By the way, you sound real liberal dude. The hypocracy in your rant is amazing.

bestdeutch
bestdeutch
5/27/2011 03:21 PM

My rights were violated and my shit was hidden properly and the swine had nothing on me. I was beat up and many of the others arrested that weekend were beaten by the corrupt Baldwin County cops. Ive been doing the festival scene for over 10yrs......havent had a single problem and I usually go to 10-20 a year. I promote music in the midwest and this festival was a big fucking scam to help Baldwin county make money since the tourism has been shit there. I bet if this happened to someone you cared for your opinion would differ.

stumoog52
stumoog52
5/27/2011 03:25 PM

You sound like an ass because you are calling out a group of people, not the police dude. By your remarks, maybe I should call everyone from the Midwest a bunch of assholes. I won't come down to your level, so I will just call you an ass. Again, I am sorry you got busted but you need to analyze your words before you spray it everywhere on a message board.

BillyJack
BillyJack
5/27/2011 03:53 PM

Wow. Glad to hear you got beaten up, BestDoosh. Maybe next time you won't even bother showing up. More room for all the folks having a great time.

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
5/27/2011 03:55 PM

Bestdeutch - Is that the Spaghetti Monster as your avatar...If so, that is awesome. Getting busted is not, but I suspect there were thousands of people there with 7g's in their pocket who were all fine. Same rule applies here that a few ruin it for all, but in this case, a few getting busted does not mean this fest was a money making scheme to bust festival goers...PPL say that about HSMF and Sawanee - the rest (majority) of the people have an amazing time.

Can we chaulk your troubles up as 'bad luck'?

twalsh
twalsh
5/27/2011 03:57 PM

I heard the festival was awesome and I'll definitely be going next year. You know, if that dude didn't smoke pot in the first place, he would have never been thrown in jail. Of course, that logic escapes some people. And just to be clear, I haven't bought into Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" tactics. But if you're holding, you inherently run the risk of being arrested. Face it dude, you lost.

And just one more thing, the moral of his story is completely without personal responsibility. Whether it's the security, the cops, or the county itself, he deflects things to another target. I would have been a lot more sympathetic if he would have passed on some wisdom from his mistakes, like, "Roll up a couple joints and stick them in you girlfriends bra."

bestdeutch
bestdeutch
5/27/2011 03:58 PM

A group of people yes southern cops especially Baldwin County cops. The south is the worst to get in trouble in from Arizona to Florida and there's asshole cops everywhere but any music festival you go to North, East or West isn't gonna have cops undercover arresting people smoking weed during shows and they will certainly not waste their time taking non-violent misdemeanor offenders to jail. People need to know how ridiculous the presence of swine was at this festival. After I was arrested at 4PM on Sunday I saw 27 other non-violent misdemeanor offenders get taken in. As packed as that jail was they had four people to a cell two on bunks and two on the floor. There's no need to have that when they could easily write a ticket and have us pay a fine and get outta there. It's all about the money right?

freekfreely
freekfreely
5/27/2011 04:08 PM

Ill second the "F@ck Alabama" sentiment.

We dont need to be jailing people for non-violent marijuna offenses.

But hey its making alot of money for somebody.

crgeorge
crgeorge
5/27/2011 04:08 PM

Easily the best festival I have been to & I have been to a bunch. There were issues with the lines, etc, but not bad. I waited in line 17 hours to get into the first Bonnaroo so its hard to complain. As for getting busted, sux it happened, but welcome to the jamband world. People get busted for what they think is nothing at all the shows, happened to me in Tennesee will happen to more this summer.

The venue was perfect, the weather was mild & the music was fantastic. I had great seats at all of the shows, was able to buy booze & smokes each day right outside the festival grounds & had no problem finding a bathroom. Drove out from the West coast & met a TON of great southerners. See you again next year!

rdawson124
rdawson124
5/27/2011 07:36 PM

Where is the WEEN review!!!!!!!! that was a great set! If Ween is no longer considered a relevant band in the eyes of the reviewer(or at least not important enough to mention) then i'm losing faith in humanity. GOD WEEN SATAN!!!

rdawson124
rdawson124
5/27/2011 07:36 PM

Where is the WEEN review!!!!!!!! that was a great set! If Ween is no longer considered a relevant band in the eyes of the reviewer(or at least not important enough to mention) then i'm losing faith in humanity. GOD WEEN SATAN!!!

TransdermalCeleb…
TransdermalCeleb…
5/27/2011 07:54 PM

everyone knows you dont bring weed to a festival dumbass. its so easy to buy there anyways. anyone whos been to one before knows you just bring the things that people can rip you off with aka 'sid and any various powders that can be carried in small amounts and have no odor. theres no such thing as getting sold fake weed.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use