ACL Music Fest: Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire, Kanye West, Coldplay
JamBase
JamBase
5/16/2011 11:15 PM

ACL Music Fest: Stevie Wonder, Arcade Fire, Kanye West, Coldplay

articgtp
articgtp
5/17/2011 06:19 AM

as if you needed any further proof that Austin is dead, here it lies.

This is a pathetic attempt and although ACL has meant nothing recently it doesn't even deserve that moniker.

Cola21
Cola21
5/17/2011 06:26 AM

Wow, my comment is going to completely counter-act that negativity. There are a lot of really great performances set up. Stevie's always fun, Abigail Washburn, Cee Lo, Ray, I don't know - I won't list them all, it's a waste of time. I think this would be a really enjoyable fest to be at.

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
5/17/2011 06:42 AM

Yeah, great lineup. Fleet Foxes, MMJ, Futurebirds, Santigold and Reptar, Thankyeeeee...

saines
saines
5/17/2011 06:44 AM

This is starting to look like Texas' version of Lollapalooza... doesnt look like it will be long before its an all Top 40 fest. There are some really good names in there though. Some hidden gems for sure.

effjackie
effjackie
5/17/2011 09:14 AM

There's always some good bands to be seen at the ACL's smaller venues.

Was anyone else surprised to know Coldplay was still around?

I'm also surprised there's not yet a Ricky Mullet/LUHB3 posting on this one with breaking news about Panic being added to the lineup and/or a comment about the Infinite Heat-Bringers. Wait for it... Wait for it...

jimvrountree
jimvrountree
5/17/2011 11:29 AM

for a 10th anniversary festival, they sure did stick to the safe gets. coldplay? allison krauss again? although stevie wonder is huge.

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
5/17/2011 01:04 PM

Ugh...anyone else over the whole festival thing?

Enough already!

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
5/17/2011 01:04 PM

Ugh...anyone else over the whole festival thing?

Enough already!

johnnyblaze36
johnnyblaze36
5/18/2011 04:03 PM

10 years of this festival and not a single moe. performance = total bullsh.

mblumenstein
mblumenstein
5/22/2011 08:39 PM

ACL is the shit. Period. Well run. Massive music. Great people. Only things to improve is foot traffic through the middle of Zilker. Uber clogged.... and some of the stages are too close together. Sound bleed is annoying. We'll be there....gladly.

Haters stay home. 10-4.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use