Sat Eye Candy: Bill Kreutzmann
JamBase
JamBase
5/7/2011 12:00 AM

Sat Eye Candy: Bill Kreutzmann

rjd999
rjd999
5/7/2011 07:45 AM

I think Billy is so under appreciated sometimes. The man is just elastic, he can bring his touch into the most unpredictable moments, and provide the glue to keep things moving along. Mickey's world influences really added textural elements, but I don't think he coulda filled Billy's shoes and be the lone drummer, like Billy did in my favorite Dead era, late 72-73. Bill's Elvin Jones influence really became evident in that portion of his career, and he really helped propel the band into new territory. Thanks Billy K!

Gongguy
Gongguy
5/7/2011 03:20 PM

CHECK OUT Bill Kreutzmann getting (((GONGED))) AT ROTHBURY MUSIC FESTIVAL 09'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKjw84wT5og&feature=channel_video_title

for more info about the gongs at your festival contact The Gong Guy at thespiritbowls@yahoo.com

hayden4
hayden4
5/8/2011 01:11 PM

after the 7 walkers on MAUI....walked up to billy with a grip of old grateful dead posters ive toted around for the last 20 years.......he gave a chuckle stuck out his hand,i immediately gave him a high 5 and said got an xtra 20 minutes .he smiled and said my hearing isnt to good these days! i laughted and shouted sign these DUDE!!!! he took his sweet time and now ive got my favorites sighned!!! anybody want to buy it? just kidding......BILLYS CHILL

goose31285
goose31285
5/8/2011 11:46 PM

^ well said rjd999, he is definitely one of the most underrated of all the drumming greats.

happy b-day Billy!!

frunobulax
frunobulax
5/9/2011 09:14 AM

I sure hope 7 Walkers are not playing any Dead covers on this tour. After all, Bill's criticized Furthur for essentially being a nostalgia act. And we know everybody really wants to go and hear two hours of original 7 Walkers songs.

5/9/2011 03:04 PM

as much as I don't like watching people play music (rather listen only), these videos are awesome

5/9/2011 03:23 PM

and that dude with the long hair groovin in the background of the first video, looks totally tripped out, wow

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use