Soundgarden Adds Dates; Coheed, Mars V, QOTSA to Open
JamBase
JamBase
5/5/2011 10:47 AM

Soundgarden Adds Dates; Coheed, Mars V, QOTSA to Open

mattland
mattland
5/5/2011 03:12 PM

The Mars Volta give this tour some more clout.

Chapelchilla
Chapelchilla
5/5/2011 03:31 PM

^ Skip Bisco and it's a win-win situation!

normlnick
normlnick
5/5/2011 04:25 PM

Haha thats funny. Dudr, do both. It will be a time you look back on.

SwordfishTrombone
SwordfishTrombone
5/5/2011 07:06 PM

Wish I could see them with Queens. I'll settle for getting beers while Mars Volta is playing.

funkymtn
funkymtn
5/6/2011 07:27 AM

Kind of ballsy to have Mars open for you, interested to hear if Soundgarden can match the energy...

lanceuppercut3
lanceuppercut3
5/6/2011 11:51 AM

the fact that volta is opening for them only a couple of dates and one of the dates is a philly show is the best news ive heard this year, i agree funky how are you gonna have a band like volta open for you, its retarded only a couple of bands can do that for example the peppers...im so siked i get to see volta this summer and its cool to see soundgarden too...i guess

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
5/6/2011 04:56 PM

u guess?!?!?! Dont be a dumbass dude! SG>MV!!!

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
5/9/2011 10:48 AM

Pretty nice openers! Has anyone seen Mars Volta live in the past 1-2 years? I saw them live 5-6 yrs ago, outdoor show at the Greek in Berkeley. The show was grrreat, insane energy, sounded great. Then went and saw them 2-3 yrs ago at Toads Place smallish indoor rock club in New Haven expecting another good show and it was pretty painful. Their sound had changed and it seemed messy and wayyy heavier. Really not an enjoyable show. I mean it had its moments but it was a 3/10 compared to the 10/10 the 1st time. Just wondering how the live show is these days.

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
5/9/2011 10:50 AM

Oh yeh and I don't see MV's energy being a problem. If y'all remember most of Sound Gardens music is pretty intense and rocks the f*ck out. Saw Cornell solo band they did some SG tracks and there was no lack of energy.

mgizmo
mgizmo
5/9/2011 09:19 PM

The Gorge is not really a Seattle show. I mean I can't be driving way the fuck out there all the time. I get it, its local-ish, but its pisses me off that I can't teleport myself out there on a whim.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use