Radiohead to Perform The King of Limbs Live on BBC
JamBase
JamBase
5/3/2011 02:23 PM

Radiohead to Perform The King of Limbs Live on BBC

lovemusical
lovemusical
5/3/2011 03:36 PM

Love Radiohead, but "King Of Limbs" is just ok. I thought "In Rainbows" was superb. Their best since "Kid A" but "Limbs" just feels mailed in to me. Like they just decided to put an album out for the sake of it. That being said, they are still one of the only bands out there from the 90's, still making consistantly (until now) great, relevant music.

djschusta
djschusta
5/3/2011 03:48 PM

I basically agree, but I would say King of Limbs is good rather than ok. It is short, but it tells a nice story and I like listening to it beginning to end. While good, it doesn't touch Kid A, In Rainbows, or OK.. Like Amnesiac and Hail, it's good but not phenomenal. Would love to see how it translate live fo sho.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
5/3/2011 04:15 PM

I'm really hoping seeing the live rendition will give me a better appreciation of it.

lovemusical
lovemusical
5/3/2011 04:58 PM

Yeah, I do hope they tour on it. I definitely would go see them again. Their live show is fantastic whatever album they're touring on.

chetrit123
chetrit123
5/4/2011 07:23 AM

I'm right with you hotchkiss. Also, Jambase is it possible to make a like or dislike on comments or report abuse (like youtube), so every time I go to comments I don't have to see ads to buy clothes or annoying people talking about WSP?

chetrit123
chetrit123
5/4/2011 07:29 AM

to add to the previous comment, people who receive more likes over time there comments will be shown first or in a color or something and usernames that have a certain amount of dislikes (perhaps like 50) there comments will be automatically blocked and people will have to click show comment to view it.

Badgerboy1
Badgerboy1
5/4/2011 09:59 AM

but WSP is so awesome....

djschusta
djschusta
5/4/2011 02:20 PM

Jambase used to have a thumbs up/down system, but they are constantly finding ways to make their site less useful and interesting for it's users... It is very obvious from the gradual reduction in comments that Jambase's following is going down. What is also ridiculous is that Jambase still has the infrastructure for the thumbs up/down format because every now and then an article will pop up with that feature in the comment section; Every time that happens people comment to bring that format back, and in return those comments get the most thumbs up. But I have noticed that Jambase is really really piss poor at listening to their loyal followers, especially when we give our feedback in the comment sections. I don't care enough to petition for these changes in other ways, but I am afraid Jambase will slowly dig itself into complete irrelevancy, and I really hope that doesn't happen.

djschusta
djschusta
5/5/2011 09:47 AM

Figures we get spammed after my post... Jambase: It's so fucking easy to design a filter that looks for URLs and "$" in posts. Those posts get flagged and have to await moderation. This isn't the 90's anymore. Wake up or face irrelevancy. I for one don't want to see this site and it's followers go.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use