High Sierra Artist Additions and Late Night Schedule
JamBase
JamBase
4/21/2011 12:38 PM

High Sierra Artist Additions and Late Night Schedule

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/21/2011 01:21 PM

Now I'm really glad I didn't buy tickets. Not a weak line-up by any means, just not enough good stuff to make up for the cost of traveling up there.

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
4/21/2011 02:27 PM

I realy like the late night choices. Real music. pimps of joytime are on fire by the way!

Jazzgtrl4
Jazzgtrl4
4/21/2011 02:50 PM

hotckiss, i agree..while it is a good lineup, just not enough to make be pull the plug this time i think..you think they might have one more big addition or is that it..?

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
4/21/2011 03:23 PM

There's 53 bands so far, last year had 57. I'm thinking maybe one more "bigger" act and few smaller. Even though I'm not there I want Sneaking Out to be there.

gandrewd
gandrewd
4/21/2011 03:39 PM

Les Claypool will be added methinks

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
4/21/2011 04:56 PM

you guys are crazy!

good lineup?!?!!!? lololololololololol

this lineup sucks!

string summitt here I come!

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
4/21/2011 05:01 PM

Widespread Panic would be a perfect addition to this lineup. It would make the tickets a great value and top off the talent so that this festie is the festie that will not only guarantee the heat, but guarantee the powerful sounds and songs that fill the air with the perfect music for the festie.

If they announce this, I will kick back, smoke a blunt, chill out.

Fuck this festies if Widespread Panic should be added this week.

They work as a unique rock group waay better that any of these bands can’t.

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
4/21/2011 05:04 PM

Lance, I know for a fact, I speak for everyone when I say... we are tired of hearing you rant about WSP.... they are simply OK!!!

stoweskier
stoweskier
4/21/2011 05:38 PM

where are lotus, kdtu, umphreys, les claypool??? well im still going and still going to have a blast

makersandH2O
makersandH2O
4/22/2011 07:45 AM

Saw Big Gigantic for the first time this weekend opening for Panic at Oak Mt. Some really hot shit. Very impressive for just a couple of guys. They had the house bumpin for their whole set. I definitely recommend them for y'all hittin this up.

toronto
toronto
4/23/2011 09:41 AM

PLEASE do not come then. Thank you.

Dwizard
Dwizard
4/23/2011 02:06 PM

Lance, enough with the cut and paste comments. If you had a clue you would no it won't happen WSP has shows on the 27th of June and July 1st, no time to get to High Sierra and Back jr. Take the hint and stop with the excessive WSp bullshit. Your a tool and just pissing everyone else off, so for the sake of everyone why not be kind and stop trying to get under everyone's skin. Your a putz and Like I have said before I will happily explain it to you in person if you need clarification. " I've got a real good mind to beat you senseless!"

gratefulbiscuits
gratefulbiscuits
4/23/2011 02:10 PM

For all of you music lovers in the Chicagoland area, we have a VERY SPECIAL, MUST SEE EVENT for you:

One night only, this Saturday, April 23rd, CHICAGO AFROBEAT PROJECT will be playing with DJ ?UESTLOVE (of The Roots) @ The Shrine!!!!!

If YOU love funky, Afro, soul, hip-hop, and/or R&B music, then YOU MUST BE HERE!

If YOU love tasty improvisational jams coupled with tremendous drum/horn section arrangements, then YOU MUST SEE CHICAGO AFROBEAT PROJECT!

And if YOU love the fresh sound of ?UESTLOVE as he plays drums for THE ROOTS, then YOU will love him as he spins a DJ set!

If YOU'RE looking for NEW and/or EXCITING music to enjoy, then this is the place for you!

THE SHRINE is located at 2109 S. Wabash Chicago IL 60616. BE THERE!!!

8-9pm - FREE

9-11pm - $10

After 11pm - $25

----------------

Check this link:

http://www.giantstep.net/events/1360

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpQj2GVt7kY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Talking Bush - Chicago Afrobeat Project (05/07/09.A8b)[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRlkHIWaE6Q&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ?uestlove Record Library[/url]

IF YOU SHOW UP BETWEEN 8-9PM, YOU WILL GET IN FOR FREE; THE SHRINE IS PREMIERING THEIR DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THIS BRAND NEW VENUE!!!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKXQT5_mKjM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - "The Return of Chicago Cool" | Documentary Teaser[/url]

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
4/23/2011 09:01 PM

Dwizard... bring it on dude. You will be surprised.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use