Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

34 Total Messages • Page 2 of 3 • « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 
DMB Caravan Comes to Governors Island, The Gorge
AsOfTime
AsOfTime
4/22/2011 04:47 AM

wow 34 times...damn you got suckered!And do some musical history check finding and find out it was Mikey's creation...Bell said it himself in interviews after Mikey's death.Panic sucks.Bell sucks,and so do you!

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
4/22/2011 07:35 AM

id rather see DMB than panic hahaha. at least there'll be cute girls

jones4cr
jones4cr
4/22/2011 07:54 AM

This is the discussion on a DMB article, too funny.

Anyway, while the WSP name comes from Mikey that does not mean it was his "creation". While he deserves a lot of credit for gathering a group of musicians and forming a band he is not the lone soul. If you think about it, when they really started playing together as far as shows in 85, they were playing cover tunes and a few Panic songs written by who? The credits show WSP, but Chilly and Space Wrangler to name a few were written by JB.

The band is rockin right now and loving every minute of it. I'm sure Mikey (RIP) is as well.........

Different storks for different folks, but there is no reason to spout BS. Of course, where else can you do so except on message boards where words have no meaning..

lovemusical
lovemusical
4/22/2011 08:18 AM

So Asoftime loves Mikey, hates his band and thinks your a sucker if you've seen them predominantly with Mikey. Hmmm. You might be as dumb as lanceuphisbutt, and I researced that.

theshuab
theshuab
4/22/2011 08:25 AM

I dont understand why anyone replies to lanceuphisbutt's stupid remarks about Widespread Panic. Aside from that, this looks awesome..DMB, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, and JBT. Really hope i can make one of them.

AsOfTime
AsOfTime
4/22/2011 10:51 AM

Change the name is all i am saying...It is not the same band.

Chiphreys
Chiphreys
4/22/2011 11:35 AM

So in your opinion they could tour as Panic and that would be fine since the Grateful Dead toured as The Dead after Jerry's time. I say just enjoy the music and don't worry so much what they call themselves.

MontgomeryBurns
MontgomeryBurns
4/22/2011 12:44 PM

I don't even like music

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/22/2011 01:11 PM

How did this become an argument about hating Panic? Can't we all just band together and hate Dave Matthews instead? :P

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/22/2011 01:12 PM

Anywho, I'm not really a DMB or Dispatch fan and while I'd love to see the Roots, Bela, and a few others on this list, I don't think it's worth the price of admission.

TransdermalCeleb…
TransdermalCeleb…
4/22/2011 02:36 PM

Panic is actually one of the very few bands out there that get better and better as time goes on. The boys have been on fire since '07, hate on jimmy all you want but hes one of the best guitarists alive today and puts pretty much any other guitarist on the scene to shame.

TransdermalCeleb…
TransdermalCeleb…
4/22/2011 02:44 PM

Panic is actually one of the very few bands out there that get better and better as time goes on. The boys have been on fire since '07, hate on jimmy all you want but hes one of the best guitarists alive today and puts pretty much any other guitarist on the scene to shame.

goose31285
goose31285
4/24/2011 04:59 PM

^ thank you, TC

bigchris
bigchris
4/25/2011 03:50 PM

panic jumped the shark a long time ago, they do have a good show now and then, though

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
4/26/2011 06:28 PM

They do play like sharks and they have the best show(s).

Nobody here is denying that WIDESPREAD PANIC is not the best band of all time. We all agree with that. It’s just that they just keep getting better and better and better and better every time they play a song.

They were the best band of all time in 2005. What are they now?

They are the DEFINITION OF HEAT. (period)

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use