Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

12 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Rebelution, Giant Panda, Orgone | Review | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
4/11/2011 12:00 AM

Rebelution, Giant Panda, Orgone | Review | Pics
Southern California got a serious reggae, groove injection with this youthful triple bill.

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
4/11/2011 07:37 PM

Orgone is sick!

juggbigt
juggbigt
4/11/2011 07:52 PM

Giant Panda is not from Syracuse. for those of us that spent every thrusday night at Soho and Dubland seeing them (over 200 times) yes it matters. They are from Rochester. fucking Jambase.

mattchu
mattchu
4/11/2011 10:37 PM

for real. donno how they botched that.But i guess without matt sayin 'giant panda guerilla dub squad from rochester new york' 6 times a set. Those water street shows in ahh maby i think late 08 into 09 where some of the best shows ive seen. Dripping with psycedelic, intense, and heartfelt reggae from a bunch that really had it together. 3 or 4 purcissionists from buddhahood came out on of the shows, rubblebucket horns (basically JBB horns at that point) came out one of the shows, one had lulu (female vocalist that sings french for theivery corp) come out and seranade the crowd...ahh those shows where amazing. usually went past close and really had the a core of folks gettin so fuckin down after the kids cleared out after teh first set.

Beaser
Beaser
4/12/2011 06:51 AM

mattchu and juggbigt...nailed it, how do you screw up something as simple as where the band is from, especially when they rep Rochester so hard...c'mon Jambase.

snappy
snappy
4/12/2011 10:01 AM

Editor's Note: JamBase apologies to Rochester and Giant Panda. The writer, who we assumed had researched their origins, said they were from Syracuse. We have corrected the error in the review. Thanks for pointing it out readers.

mattchu
mattchu
4/12/2011 11:19 AM

ah thanks for the apalogy, didnt meen to come down hard, not really a big deal. But id be interested to check them out now that they got this 5th member and second guitarist, this article is the first ive heard of it that. I was pretty dissapointed after they went to a quartet, the jams just didnt explore near as much space, and bringing it back with the rythm guitarist was really missed. Maby theyre doin better stuff now, hopefully!

Soxfan5590
Soxfan5590
4/12/2011 11:19 AM

Damn right, Rochester New York, Fillin up Water Street and layin it down, come review on of those shows jambase and you'll understand why we take pride in their roots

mattchu
mattchu
4/12/2011 11:24 AM

i havent been to a water st show in some time. Ive just caught post lineup change at free shows and festival shows. and the first one, at the ahh westscott in syracuse, that one was interesting. Probably the best one of the three of four ive seen since the line up change.

stoweskier
stoweskier
4/12/2011 05:19 PM

orgone is sick...and i have to say that giant panda guerrilla dub squad is the most needlessly long and stupid band name i've heard in quite a while. giant panda would have been an improvement. or even miniscule lemur.

StrangeBleau
StrangeBleau
4/12/2011 07:05 PM

Giant Panda is life changing music. Everyone may not agree but for the chosen its reality. Dub music is life!!!! Check out Matt and Rachel's new band Thunder Body. They have a couple of sick Soundboards up on archive...

mblumenstein
mblumenstein
4/13/2011 08:17 AM

Jam Base: With respect to Orgone. That is not Fanny Franklin in your photo's. Her name is Sy Smith. She 's currently touring with Orgone in Fanny's place for now. And yes, Orgone is the shit. Go see them now.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use