GOTV Adds TLG, Stringdusters, Mother Hips, Big Sam, P. Groove
JamBase
JamBase
4/8/2011 03:59 PM

GOTV Adds TLG, Stringdusters, Mother Hips, Big Sam, P. Groove

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/8/2011 05:24 PM

Doesn't add all that much for me, personally, but with Furthur, Levon, Elvis, Jane's Addiction, Toots, Dr. John and Taj Mahal in the first round, I was already sold. Do watch out for my local Brooklyn boys Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad, though. They're gonna kill it.

Jets19rule
Jets19rule
4/8/2011 05:44 PM

those additions pretty much all suck

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
4/9/2011 04:21 AM

^ wow man you really think those additions suck? I saw five or six great additions. If they suck I really need to check your music catalogue cause I'm missing out on some awesome shit.

strangefolkphan8
strangefolkphan8
4/9/2011 07:59 AM

Stringdusters, Mother Hips, Rubblebucket, Lo and Aaron from God Street Wine, Kung Fu, Sister Sparro and Sam Kininger are all great adds. And Panda is from Rochester, NY. Which is a long ways from Brooklyn. Just sayin.

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/9/2011 08:45 AM

Are you sure? I could of sworn one of them said they were when I saw them at Zebulon. Perhaps one of the members is and he was just referring to himself, not the band?

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/9/2011 08:47 AM

Well, either way. Good live band. Hope they don't play early on Thursday.

mattchu
mattchu
4/9/2011 02:15 PM

deffintly from rochester, pretty much allofem from that area, none downstate. But theyre meh of late. they needa pick up a rythm guitarist to try and replace matt, and probably pick up another organ keys player while theyre attit. Theyre sound really lacks now that theyre a quartet with cheesy horns.

mattchu
mattchu
4/10/2011 10:41 AM

but theyre still worth checkin out and makin your own judgment on it, still good tracks, system, and they do still play well, just dissapointing from what they had goin a few years back when they where probably one of or THE best reggae act on american soil at that time.

brienza66
brienza66
4/10/2011 08:02 PM

Hey DrBeaker...just a thought but are you thinking of local bk crew Dub Is A Weapon? They hold it down and are indeed from the area.

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
4/12/2011 08:29 AM

Brienza: Yeah, I think I was probably thinking of Dub is a Weapon when I said they were from Brooklyn, though I have definitely seen both bands in the city at one point or another and think they're both really solid and have a similar sound.

Mattchu: It was a few years ago when I saw them and I don't know much about how they've changed since then. I guess I'll find out at vibes!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use