Bonnaroo: Comedy Lineup, Adds NOFX, Galactic, Black Uhuru

digmusiccitylive
digmusiccitylive
4/7/2011 10:06 AM

Futurebirds, prepare yourself.

spaceface7
spaceface7
4/7/2011 10:11 AM

holy fuck NOFX, that is amazing. should make for some funny banter... we all know he "hates" hippies but ya gotta love fat mike.

stringche101
stringche101
4/7/2011 10:26 AM

black uhuru is the really the only one that interests me on that list.

toeknee420
toeknee420
4/7/2011 11:04 AM

.........................................Yep. Still sucks

ointment
ointment
4/7/2011 11:16 AM

best festival gets better

chidodger
chidodger
4/7/2011 11:21 AM

I could see Fat Mike spending the first 20 minutes of the NOFX set just ripping the crowd a new asshole. After the Cokie the Clown incident he pulled in Texas last year, this could be the most interesting set Bonnaroo has to offer this year.

chidodger
chidodger
4/7/2011 11:36 AM

Actually, REO is playing the mainstage at Electric Forest around noon, so I don't really think that makes them a "headliner". The Headliner for Elecric Forest is String Cheese Incident, that's it. All the other stuff is just filler and late-night stuff. Bonnaroo always has great acts, however, the actual festival conditions are possibly the worst in the entire country for a music festival. I went to both Rothburys, and attended Bonnaroo in 03 and 05. After 05, I loved all the bands I saw and enjoyed the weekend very much, but I also knew I would never again pay good money to come back because besides the obvious (extrem Tennessee heat), I have no desire to camp right on top of my neighbors, and walk 2 miles from my tent to a stage, plus a few other reasons that all seem to deal with the actual lay-out of Bonnaroo. Rothbury's location and setting is %110 better than Manchester Tennessee, and I don't think thier is any debate about that. I'm not going to either fest this summer, but If I had to choose, I would take 6 SCI sets and REO Speedwagon in the beauty of western Michigan over Eminem, Panic, Arcade Fire in the hell hole that is Manchester Tennessee.

galactic44
galactic44
4/7/2011 11:39 AM

Last time I checked, REO speedwagon is playing a set at noon. Not EXACTLY a headliner, not even close. All of us 'cool kids' will be sleeping then, anyways. Wait- who is headlining the roo?? Eminem & arcade fire?? Not 3 nights of the cheese? Now who is LMFAO??!!??

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
4/7/2011 11:48 AM

roo still sucks!

ointment
ointment
4/7/2011 11:51 AM

if you think electric forest has a better line up than roo you have clearly smoked yourself retarded. obviously the setting is better in michigan compared to tennessee but you should quit bein such pussies, you sound like a bunch of old ladies complaining about the heat. go to music festivals for the music

nickrbk
nickrbk
4/7/2011 12:09 PM

was at both rothburys and 4 bonnaroos so far. Rothburys site is way better then TN. Cant compare. wont be at either this year, but Phish is gonna be fun at watkins!!!! enjoy the summer!!!!!

stringche101
stringche101
4/7/2011 12:11 PM

never been to bonnaroo, thinking about going this year. always said id never go , but this year we got buffalo springfield, panic, cheese, dr john, bela fleck, del mccoury and a few others. Thats my cup of tea right there. only thing im concerned with is just the amount of people that are going to be at each of the shows. Not tryin to stand a mile back at panic main stage. but all yall who complain about the heat. get over it! its the summer, what did you expect. nobody says anything about the heat at wakarusa, but damn was it HOTTTTT last year at about 8am everyday.

chidodger
chidodger
4/7/2011 12:17 PM

ointment-

I'm not an old lady, I'm just telling the truth. Other than the music, Bonnaroo is pretty shitty. I found it pretty amazing that the first 2 rothburys went so smoothly. Everything from entering the fest, to camping locations, to locations of stages and vending. The Rothbury people just seemed to really have thier shit together, opposed to Bonnaroo, who still hasn't realized, after 10 years, they need more people taking tickets at the entrance (this will end the 5 hour wait to get into the fest), better planning as far of the lay-out of the stages (waaaaay too close. I'm not a big fan of music drowning out other music), and lastly, the schedule is 3 days of over-lapping sets that really tend to piss me off when 4 bands i want to see are all playing at the same time. Sure, there was a wait at Rothbury (about 10 minutes) and a few over-lapping sets, but for the money, it's a HUGE upgrade from Bonnaroo.

ALSO, I love not having to wake up within 5 minutes of sunrise because my tent turned into a microwave. You can call me an old lady, but I think there are alot of "old ladies" like me, and for 2 years, over 40,000 of us went to Rothbury.

galactic44
galactic44
4/7/2011 12:18 PM

Actually, I'll gladly admit that both lineups are pretty fucking lackluster overall, but I'm a cheese man. Seeing shows #136,7,&8 makes EEF very worth it for me. Only problem is I have to leave NorCal during the season, which sucks....

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use