Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

27 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Hangout Fest Adds Avett Brothers STS9, Railroad, Grace Potter
Phlipphlop
Phlipphlop
3/15/2011 12:03 PM

Best festival amenities and lineup out this year.

Super bummned I had to give up my beach side condo last week when

I found out I have my daughters dance recital that weekend.

Hope you all have a good time.

mattchu
mattchu
3/15/2011 12:37 PM

yea thats a serious line up now. I really hope people dont trash the beach! but oh man, greensky railroad and karl make this super tempting

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/15/2011 01:00 PM

C'mon down mattchu!!! They have this shnit locked down and are super good about keeping everything clean. They also just announced they have shuttle service available to and from hotel/hangout til 4 am, only $20 for the entire weekend...

PhilnWeird
PhilnWeird
3/15/2011 02:19 PM

It was mentioned in a comment earlier that the Hangout Festival was held in April last year. Well that isn't true. the festival was held one weekend earlier than it will be held this year. Last year it was on May 14-16. I wouldn't imagine the heat being too much different this year. Mid to high 80's is very comfortable compared to 100+ for the June-August Festivals. Just saying.

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/15/2011 03:22 PM

PhilnWeird (nice name btw) you are completely right, the fest was on that weekend last year, 2010 was a long year for me. I wish the humidity level was the same on the Gulf Coast as it was in NC. 80 w/ a high humidity level feels like it is 90 - 100 easy down here. Late May can get REALLY hot and sweaty REALLY fast. Im just sayin' that a nice shower is DEFINITELY going to be nice...

vespuchi2
vespuchi2
3/15/2011 03:45 PM

Anyone have any info on places to stay? It's jus me and my girl comin down for this and I guess only condos available are pretty far away. Any ideas on being able to find something closer to the fest grounds for the 2 of us?

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
3/15/2011 05:08 PM

Vespunchi-boy – you can stay with me and my boy Chuck. We have a trailer booked and a whole wack of beer and, hopefully, a boat load of pussy. You and your g can pitch in half but no noise in the morning... actually it don’t matter cause we’ll be parting and fucking all night anyhow... who needs sleep when you got WIDESPREAD HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message me and I’ll give you my phone number. Anyone out there wanna pitch in to the party of the year? Message me here and I’ll buy you a beer. Haha see you there peeps.. find us in the heat

orgwell
orgwell
3/15/2011 10:20 PM

"I really hope people dont trash the beach!"

Good luck with that, happened last year. ..It's a festival, what would you expect hippies to do?

(casually tosses idealism on the beach)

danimal2
danimal2
3/16/2011 03:18 PM

anybody know the schedule for this. the line up is amazing but I would hate to travel that far for a one hour set from sts9 and umphreys? do the bands get to play long and what is the deal with late night? do they kick everyone out at 11? I heard they have places in walking distance that have late shows would love to go to this, anyone from maryland area headed south??

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/17/2011 08:04 AM

TO DANIMAL2: There are late shows every night at the hangout, but you have to get your tix in advance usually. Same w/ the preparty and the pre-preparty. Last year Keller played a $5 late night show that sold out. Then down at the Keg (not within walking distance but only a 5 min drive), Papa Mali, G.Porter Jr and Col. Bruce played a late night show. The main shows at the fest ended at about 1130 last year, but the bigger name's w/ the "headlining" slots got 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours to play. (Example: TAB = 2 hours, Allison Krauss = 1 1/2 hours) It was 11 am to 11 pm though, not sure if it'll be the same this year...

danimal2
danimal2
3/18/2011 02:46 PM

thanks for the info...looks very tempting. So far I have an all good ticket, aNd summer camp looks oh so sweet too

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/18/2011 03:04 PM

Oh yeah, no problem! Yeah Summer Camp looks sick this year (again), I just wish it wasnt so close to Hangout... Ive booked Hangout and Bear Creek this year so far, about as much as much budget/vacation time can handle :-)

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use