Hangout Fest Adds Avett Bros STS9, Railroad, Grace Potter
JamBase
JamBase
3/15/2011 12:00 AM

Hangout Fest Adds Avett Bros STS9, Railroad, Grace Potter

TheJewishHeat
TheJewishHeat
3/15/2011 07:47 AM

Well I was planning on going already, so this is an added bonus! Grace Potter, Railroad Earth and STS9 are a welcome addition to an already diverse, fun and beach-filled festival. Hooray music!

music_man86
music_man86
3/15/2011 08:00 AM

Pretty much the sickest lineup of the summer. Super bummed I won't be able to go.

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/15/2011 08:06 AM

Holy shnizzle! Im glad I already got my tix and hotel room! The hotels within 15 miles of the Hangout are all already sold out...

TheJewishHeat
TheJewishHeat
3/15/2011 08:19 AM

TonyJ81586 - Does that include all of the condos as well? I'll sleep on the beach if I have to!

jblair33191
jblair33191
3/15/2011 08:36 AM

Big gigantic is playing at every festival this summer. I have a feeling this will be the last summer of decent big gigantic music. after this festy season it will be all played out dubstep and more shitty wiz khalifa remixes to please all the custies that dont know any better. Thats the way theyve been going this last tour and it likely will not stop. they will blow up even bigger though so im sure theyll be stoked on it.

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/15/2011 08:38 AM

You can probably still score a condo somewhere along E Beach Blvd, but they are just rape expensive in most cases. We camped out at Gulf State Park last year, which is about 6 minutes down the road from The Hangout, but it was held in mid-april last year. This year is going to be scorchin' hot and way too humid to camp out though. I wish they did beach camping though! There's plenty of room for it!

TheJewishHeat
TheJewishHeat
3/15/2011 08:43 AM

Thanks Tony for the invite and the info! See what a magical place JamBase can be when we help each other out. I'm working with a big group here so maybe I can get a slight discount on the condo, but if it is too expensive, I guess I'll have to look into camping. Is E Beach Blvd within walking distance of the stages? Sorry, never been to Alabama before, and would love as much info on it beforehand as possible. Thanks again!

crippen
crippen
3/15/2011 08:49 AM

Rowdy Lineup...

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/15/2011 09:12 AM

JamBase is definitely a magical place! E Beach Blvd is the main road that runs along the beach that The Hangout is on, so Hangout will have their main entrance that will lead down into the beach, its pretty well set up. Alabama is nothing special but they definitely know whats going on down in Gulf Shores. You should check out the rental properties, like the beach houses and what not, itll prob be around the same price as a condo if you go in on it with a bigger group. Last year they had 6 stages spread out, two main back to back on the beach, two smaller by the restaurant they have and two more throughout the parking lots and what not... Are you flying down from PA for the fest?

TheJewishHeat
TheJewishHeat
3/15/2011 09:37 AM

Excellent, thanks again for all the info! Yeah, I plan on flying into Pensacola, FL and getting a rental car from there. I can't wait! I'll make sure to get your info so we can toast a beer to the greatness that is JamBase community help (god know there should more than just shitting on everyone's musical tastes).

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
3/15/2011 09:38 AM

This is cool. This will bring on the heat!!!!!

specially with WIDESPREAD!!!!! They bring on the HEEAAATT better than any of those other bands CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yerquid
yerquid
3/15/2011 10:08 AM

wowowow. Just bought my ticket last night, and these are awesome additions to an already spectacular lineup. I am beside myself with anticipation.

tonyj81586
tonyj81586
3/15/2011 10:10 AM

Yeah man definitely do that! We actually live in Pensacola, FL :-) So we can show ya the ropes, round town and what not! Its only bout 35 minutes outside of Gulf Shores. Its gonna be a damn good weekend!

chux7487
chux7487
3/15/2011 11:05 AM

see ya thurrrr

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use