Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

17 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Gathering of the Vibes 2011: Furthur, Jane’s, Costello, moe.
JamBase
JamBase
3/14/2011 12:00 AM

Gathering of the Vibes 2011: Furthur, Jane’s, Costello, moe.

chux7487
chux7487
3/14/2011 10:00 AM

dear god could yall take a litte longer to announce please? i wasnt done waiting yet. and another two weeks to see the second half? nice.

that devils show with steve and keller will be a treat for sure.

Putnameter
Putnameter
3/14/2011 10:55 AM

Unbelievable lineup!!! Might have to ask off of work for this one.

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
3/14/2011 11:05 AM

Wow I have to give big ups to Ken and the Vibes crew for this years lineup. As a former (and hopefully again in the future) VibeTriber i am thrilled at the new fresh feel of this lineup. It has a lot of standard Vibe stuff but I think half of the line up has a really unexpected fresh flavor. Also risky but the payoff could be worth it. By risky I mean I lovvve Janes, however I think their show might have the potential to suck, not sure. I have heard mixed reviews over the years. I have seen a few Perry projects at Coachella and some are cool some not. I HOPE Janes rips it up at Vibes. The other risk is Levon Helm Band. I lovvvvvvve The Band and Helm but he straight up does not sing anymore as far as I know. I saw them at Newport Folk Fest once or twice and I had an amazing time, lots of fun to hear some of my favorite songs by a legend, but really he is just up there keeping the pace and smiling and looking like an old ass Helms. It is a joy to see him smile and play but you are basically seeing a cover band in the end. However the songs are so good I think Vibes did a good thing here. To me DSO and Montbleau and such are a bore and I would hope for an exciting add to the late night, something heavily danceable. However there are some great looking acts on the bill, Costello!, Dr. John, John Butler, Susan and Derek, Taj, Toots and even the big jam stuff moe. and Furthur I dig vs. other jammy stuff. So good job! Looks like a fun fest!

EstimatedAdam
EstimatedAdam
3/14/2011 12:20 PM

This looks sick, I've seen Jane's Addiction, and they killed it two years ago. All the living original Dead members in one place, with Elvis Costello, Dr. John, Keller, Levon Helm, John Butler, Derek and Susan, and moe. umm, yes please!

lovemusical
lovemusical
3/14/2011 01:02 PM

Pretty sick. As always it's a very Dead-centric lineup. Jane's is a nice twist, and they are truly feast or famine. Furthur has been awesome every time I've seen them. Trucks, moe. Lovin it!

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
3/14/2011 01:16 PM

This line-up is weaksauce!!! Id rather be atthe gathering of the jugaloos if you ask me!

msudtg
msudtg
3/14/2011 01:49 PM

HAHA, gathering of the jugaloos? That sounds horrible. Anyways, this line-up looks awesome. I may just have to find my way out east in July.

chux7487
chux7487
3/14/2011 04:49 PM

gathering of the jugaloos is a must you tube haha.

jugaloo island

orgwell
orgwell
3/14/2011 05:45 PM

When's GotJ lineup come out?

PimpMCGeorge
PimpMCGeorge
3/14/2011 06:28 PM

^^ as soon as MC Fatty Grub Nugg graduates from Klown Kollege

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
3/14/2011 07:09 PM

Whether or not Levon sings has varied a lot in the last few years, the last time I saw him at a midnight ramble he sang a few. Either way he has an amaaaazing band behind him that is in no way just a coverband of the band. They are much more varied instrumentally and have a ton of stellar musicians from many musical walks of life. I think this is the best vibes lineup I have seen in quite some time and am definitely considering making the trip.

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
3/15/2011 06:31 AM

This is cool. This show(s) bring on the heat. Better if Jimmy Garcia comes cause he knows it better than any these other guys can’t.

kizzy1
kizzy1
3/15/2011 09:50 AM

never been to GOV , this lineup does make me want to go.

how much overlap - if any between stages - or is there only 1 act playing at any time ?

rastarusty
rastarusty
3/15/2011 04:00 PM

Looks really good, Haven't made it to one yet. This looks like the time to go for me

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use