Beale Street Music Fest: Lips, Wilco, Avett, Mumford, MGMT
JamBase
JamBase
3/3/2011 12:22 PM

Beale Street Music Fest: Lips, Wilco, Avett, Mumford, MGMT

PooDolla
PooDolla
3/3/2011 12:52 PM

what an interesting mix of music. there's a lot of crap but some good stuff too.

danimal2
danimal2
3/3/2011 01:26 PM

never heard of this fest but damn if that ticket price aint sweet

bradnotbrad
bradnotbrad
3/3/2011 01:29 PM

After this fest, Lotus will be launched into superstardom as they record a collaborative album with Ke$ha.

lanceuppercut3
lanceuppercut3
3/3/2011 02:46 PM

sunday may 1st- wilco, godsmack, ludacris, greg allman, ziggy marley, sublime with rome, the avett brothers... hah that literally made me laugh out loud, i love all those bands except for godsmack, ive been wanting to see ludacris for a long time now, it would be cool to see him and all those other bands at the same fest

chux7487
chux7487
3/3/2011 03:17 PM

never heard of this fest? they had three 6 maf and UM a few years back, my boy went said it was crunk. this lineup is solid for a cheap street fest.

czar
czar
3/3/2011 04:13 PM

I been a few times. Its pretty sweet. It usually rains and theres no camping and such. Last time I went i was able to get a decent priced motel room. They have had a lot of good shit in the past, and good shit again this year. Its nice to mingle with crackheads trying to take advantage of us tourists. It is also nice to be able to crowd surf, albeit sometimes to shitty music such as Hinder. Lack of crowd surfing at festies is a minor downfall. Although, it does hurt when some sonbitch lands on yer neck from behind. Ive been punched in the face by a small gal for landing on her. Someone else also threw one of my puma shoes while I was surfing, but I found it. Nonetheless, crowd surfing ROCKS!

They should just put all the good shit (stuff I like) on the same day.

crowesfan
crowesfan
3/3/2011 05:53 PM

Fun Fest but usually rains and the ticket price is nice. When it rains it becomes a real shit hole and is real tough walking around. Also you get to hang out on Beale Street which is always fun.

music_man86
music_man86
3/4/2011 07:13 AM

I went last year and had a blast. A really good all around value. Beer was only $5 for tallboys, it was never too over crowed unless you wanted to get right on stage, and you're in Memphis which is awesome.

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
3/4/2011 10:02 AM

What THE F? No WIDESPREAD?? WPS are the ONLY ones WITH a SOLID SOUND!

There the only band that can bring the heat ON! Bring it on better than any of these bands CAN’T!! GO HEAT!!(my meat your treat) Go WIDESPREAD!!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use