Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

111 Total Messages • Page 5 of 8 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 
Electric Forest Fest: SCI, RRE, EOTO Tiesto, KDTU, Pretty Lights
angelkat406
angelkat406
2/28/2011 04:31 PM

I think that it still has some potential. I excited to see who they may add after all the feedback. I actually don't really think that the lineup is all that bad- there are some great bluegrass bands on the lineup, and I am happy about a Cheese fest in the midwest so I don't have to go all the way out west to Colorado or East to VA to see them or to Bonnaroo and die of heat stroke.

scumdogg420
scumdogg420
2/28/2011 04:43 PM

"And I second the notion that people who are surprised by this lineup may be a little slow or just can't read cause I'm pretty sure the name is Electric Forest."

than why would the cheese headline if its an ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL?also,it could just be a play on sherwood forest,so the name could have meant anything.

you are a moron and a failure

stringche101
stringche101
2/28/2011 05:30 PM

first of all, no one has even mentioned EUFORQUESTRA! which in my mind and (if you havent listened to them) soon to be your mind, is the best act out of the whole festival except cheese and that's still up for debate. Check them out! Afro-carribbean barnyard funk at its finest.

In closing, at first it looked kind of weak, but taking a second look at it. It's really not that bad of a lineup.

jimmyjetski
jimmyjetski
2/28/2011 06:25 PM

Loved Hulaween. Passing on this.

scumdogg420
scumdogg420
2/28/2011 07:21 PM

i lied,you are not a moron or a failure...but i stand by everything else i said

msudtg
msudtg
2/28/2011 08:06 PM

Im glad that something will be going on at Rothbury, that means that a good fest is surely around the corner. Now, in regards to this fest. If String Cheese is not your favorite band there is no reason to go.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
2/28/2011 08:34 PM

Well thanks for clearing that up Scummdog. I feel much better about myself now. I wasn't saying that this was an electronica fest based on the name, I was saying that it would be heavy on the electronica based on the name AND the fact that it's SCI headlining. It seems to be the way they are leaning these days and you coulda saw this coming from a mile away. I'm not a big SCI fan or anything and I could see it coming, so if you are a big Cheesehead and you didn't it's only because you're holding on to what you want SCI to be. Maybe I will be a Cheesehead after I see them at Roo this year, it's the show I'm looking forward to the most. I'm not the biggest fan of the bluegrass, but I am a DJ so I don't mind seeing the electronica side. Either way I don't care what they do as long as they blow me away with their live incident. I think this fest looks like a good time regardless. When a lot of you look at a lineup you see the names of the people you DON'T want to be there. When I look at a lineup I see the names of the people I DO want to be there. And being as how I've been to one or two of these things I realize that I probably won't even get to see all the people I want to anyways so as long as there's enough to keep me entertained for the time I have at a fest then everything will be just fine. Looks like this fest could keep me entertained for 3 days.

scumdogg420
scumdogg420
2/28/2011 10:14 PM

when the nersh said this festi would be like hornings last year,i think we all expected a stellar and electic lineup,expecially since its taking the place of the regular rothbury festival.now i really dont have anything against electronic music.but i had been waiting a long time for the announcement today and when i got on here and saw that tiesto,bassnectar,and pretty lights were headlining it was like a stab in the heart to cheese fans.i dig bassnectar and pretty lights(i hate tiesto)but as headliners?give me a fucking break!im not one to come on these things and start hating like i know alot of you do but this was just sickening.i cant help myself but whine and bitch all day

hayden4
hayden4
2/28/2011 10:27 PM

any WEST COST LOVE this year?????????H.H.

chux7487
chux7487
2/28/2011 11:21 PM

well said Junkzl. i mean i think the thing fucking sucks but i love cheese, either way well put.

scumdogg420
scumdogg420
3/1/2011 01:30 AM

if this fest was $100 cheaper things would be alot different

Hankskool
Hankskool
3/1/2011 02:01 AM

Looks good to me. Have a lot of family in Northern MI and look forward to bundling a nice visit to the midwest. I see nothing wrong with this lineup. The bands that I know and have seen I really like. There's also a lot of bands that I don't know and I trust the promoters have chosen them in order to give me a good taste of these unknowns, some of which, no doubt , I'll want to see again. Hysterical choice of REO. The only time I ever saw them was in Charlevoix, north of there a couple of hours, in an outdoor theater. christ, it feels like another lifetime it was so long ago. I liked them then anyway. Wierd choice though.

To hell with the summer. Whose going to Winter Carnival? I'm in all three nights with the Hotel Monaco/concert combo. That Saturday night show, with Dumpstafunk is going to be so crazy I can hardly wait.

danwonsover
danwonsover
3/1/2011 08:09 AM

This is just my opinion...

Festivals in the modern era = Raves

Hippies = Molly Users + Bluegrass fans

bigfro
bigfro
3/1/2011 08:09 AM

Anyone who was at Rothbury saw that Sherwood was an Electric Forest, so just because your brain is too simple to handle something as complex as an instrument, Then i woouldn't be surprised that people wanted to see bands and instead they are seeing people who steal records from bands and spin them on their ipods. Wow.

mattland
mattland
3/1/2011 08:50 AM

Rothbury was too cold and damp after the sun set. Everybody bitches about the bonnaroo heat, but it's hard to enjoy a show when you're shivering. And the state of Michigan is bullshit--they BEGAN interstate construction on July 6th as thousands of people were leaving a festival. We sat in traffic for hours just trying to get away from Rothbury. I would never go back just b/c I now hate Michigan.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use