Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

111 Total Messages • Page 4 of 8 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 
Electric Forest Fest: SCI, RRE, EOTO Tiesto, KDTU, Pretty Lights
mojofolk
mojofolk
2/28/2011 01:26 PM

By my math its 56% "bands"... not sure what everyone is so up in arms about. Check out who Madison House represents...

mojofolk
mojofolk
2/28/2011 01:26 PM

By my math its 56% "bands"... not sure what everyone is so up in arms about. Check out who Madison House represents...

SureFireFrenzy
SureFireFrenzy
2/28/2011 01:31 PM

yeah phish will most definitely not be at this festival. agreed with all the people left scratching their heads after billy said it was "going to be kinda of like Hornings", by 'kinda' it looks like he meant 'nothing'. No real cheese family acts in there besides the scide projects, RRE, and a few bluegrass acts. Where's the rest of sci fidelity? BP, Lotus, UM(redrocks july 3rd where I'll be), Bisco, etc.....

I dig: KDTU, Bonobo, Toubab, Shpongle(prob. catch the boulder show), Beats Antique, Big G

I like Producer/ DJ's a lot but there is a shit ton of button mashing going on here.

Tiesto is garbage electronic. REO speedwagon???? what kind of promoter weaseled them in there.

Ravers vs Cheese fans = not my kind of vibe.

rider11
rider11
2/28/2011 02:11 PM

very very sad day for the insanely positive reputation Rothbury and it's festivals have built. This is billed as Electric Festival, however having some of the best bluegrass out there leaves us head scratching. Hornings style at Rothbury?! Haha, been to many Hornings events and this is so far from it. This is a stretch attempt for SCI trying to combine all the things into your head into one festival, but this is pathetic. Bluegrass and electric goes together as good as lamb and tuna fish(yes bid daddy quote)

Hope you find your roots someday....ehhhem Billy(roots run deep?!)

scumdogg420
scumdogg420
2/28/2011 02:14 PM

man i really dont know what to think of this...i wanna be stoked but this lineup is totally bringing me down.i heard from a good source the disco biscuits will be playing so hopefully theyll add another list of artists who arnt boring.but if the cheese dont play some nasty sets at winter carnival and add some better bands to this..im gonna unfortunately have to sit this one out..

surlybuf
surlybuf
2/28/2011 02:34 PM

When SCI played Suwanee they had Karl D, Gov't Mule, N.M. All Stars, Charlie Hunter, Dirty Dozen and it was a fabulous fest. Nothing like watching a guy play a computer. Keller did it the other night for five minutes. And that was five minutes too long.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
2/28/2011 03:19 PM

Again, looks like a good time. But then again I have a good time at Wal Mart. If Phish ends up doing it, which is far fetched but more likely than REO, I'd try to make it. For those of you who do make it don't miss Zion I. And I second the notion that people who are surprised by this lineup may be a little slow or just can't read cause I'm pretty sure the name is Electric Forest.

andrew-lubner
andrew-lubner
2/28/2011 03:29 PM

Steez is Awesome. They are the saving grace of this line up. Check them out...

chux7487
chux7487
2/28/2011 03:41 PM

i second Junkzil- Zion I + The Grouch will be crunk as shit if u like hip hop and shit. phish will definetly not play this no way no how, this will be a 10,000 person fest phish brings 10k easy by themselves. what is the deal with 10klf anyone know?

bigfro
bigfro
2/28/2011 03:45 PM

Well I don't have to worry about coming up watgh a thousand bucks for Rothbury. I will see Cheeze at Halloween in NYC.

czar
czar
2/28/2011 03:54 PM

Junkizl Grouch is also extremely badass! More Hiphop and turntablism(also Hiphop) would be Grand!

oldfartatplay
oldfartatplay
2/28/2011 04:03 PM

this blows a big hole in my summer plans, looks awful. what IS going on with 10klf?

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
2/28/2011 04:07 PM

I dont think it looks that bad and certainly not awful...Weird fo sho.

High Sierra line-up out manana.

Govindaze
Govindaze
2/28/2011 04:11 PM

Ouch. I was kind of excited about this, but this line up is no bueno for me.

REO Speedwagon?? Really?? Was Air Supply or Kansas not available? Classic rock nightmare..

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
2/28/2011 04:14 PM

I think this would be a REALLY AWESOME line up if they:

1. Took out Tiesto, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights and REO Speedwagon and

2. LOWERED the ticket price.

~Added some frickin songwriter POETS like Nathan Moore

~Give Railroad Earth a late nite and then BAM

It would be Super Rad!

See you in Quincy! High SIerra line up Tomorrow!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use