Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

111 Total Messages • Page 3 of 8 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 
Electric Forest Fest: SCI, RRE, EOTO Tiesto, KDTU, Pretty Lights
GratefulSpread1
GratefulSpread1
2/28/2011 10:00 AM

Well, the festival name didnt lie....its 80% electronica. Not my style, but its not like they were gonna have a big bluegrass billing with a festival name like "Electric Forest". I miss the cheese of old...but what are ya gonna do

Kzoorugger
Kzoorugger
2/28/2011 10:02 AM

Average age of Lineup supporters is 19yo.

TimSundog
TimSundog
2/28/2011 10:09 AM

Finally some new bands!

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
2/28/2011 10:18 AM

such a weird mix of bluegrass and electronica.

panicathome
panicathome
2/28/2011 10:24 AM

Hey team JamBase,

I help throw a festival in Southern Illinois. I think one person so far caught the possibly Cheese lineup joke with REO. There is a chance that Phish would be playing that slot, just as members came together to almost reform the group years ago at Rothbury during that slot. All right, well once they pull in Phish, the ticket price will make sense. So, I need help with the Tall Tree Lake Music Festival. We are hosting an online mini-contest to help pick your local favorite group to play at our annual festival. Check it out at (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=165505220166361&ref=t)

straightgangsta
straightgangsta
2/28/2011 10:32 AM

the name of the festival is Electric Forest Fest, what kind of music did you guys think the main focus would be? If you didnt think electronic would be the main feature than that isnt very bright of you. The $200 does seem a little steep though but more additions to come

electronicjams
electronicjams
2/28/2011 10:58 AM

^there's a difference between tiesto, bassnectar, and pretty lights, and well, you know, good electronic

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
2/28/2011 11:12 AM

Why is everyone complainging about 200 bills? Don't any of you have jobs? Sheesh, get a grip dudes!

defjukieallstar
defjukieallstar
2/28/2011 11:13 AM

^^Tiesto sucks, Pretty Lights is getting played out a bit but I dont care what anyone says but Bassnectar SMASHES!! The rest of the electronic is very solid as well, maybe not as well known but most definitely solid and unique!!

defjukieallstar
defjukieallstar
2/28/2011 11:14 AM

^^Tiesto sucks, Pretty Lights is getting played out a bit but I dont care what anyone says but Bassnectar SMASHES!! The rest of the electronic is very solid as well, maybe not as well known but most definitely solid and unique!!

bluesrequiem
bluesrequiem
2/28/2011 11:22 AM

Man, if this lineup is any indication of what electronic music has in store for us in the future, electronic music is going DOWNHILL fast.

Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Tiesto, all they are missing is Oakenfold then you can have all the popular trash electronica in one fest.

As a fan of electronic music, you know its not gonna have much quality when VibeSquad is like the only one the entire lineup I would be excited to see lol. nothing against Vibesquad, Aaron is one of the best, but that's pretty weak sauce that there is so many crap electronic acts!

dontpanic56
dontpanic56
2/28/2011 11:28 AM

RIP Rothbury weekend of '08. the best blend ever, this looks horrible. And its the Sherwood Forest not Electric.

chux7487
chux7487
2/28/2011 11:49 AM

sci = blue grass while the sun's up and electric after the sun sets. festival reflects their style.

defjukieallstar
defjukieallstar
2/28/2011 12:22 PM

Eskmo, 12th Planet, and Bonobo are three acts I have never seen and very much looking forward to.

CavemanUM
CavemanUM
2/28/2011 12:49 PM

what in the hell is panicathome talking about?

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use