Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

13 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Prince | Oakland | Review
JamBase
JamBase
2/23/2011 12:00 AM

Prince | Oakland | Review
His Purple Mounted Majesty holds court in Oaktown and dazzles a packed arena in first of three shows.

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
2/23/2011 01:22 PM

Show sounds lame. And I was right predicting that he does medleys, proven by this line here: " not many songs were played in their entirety." WEAKSAUCE!

Ned8
Ned8
2/24/2011 07:33 AM

Roswellznutsack.... The olny thing lame here is a critique judging a show on seeing the set list but not hearing the actual performance. Nothing Weak about Prince.

Ned8
Ned8
2/24/2011 07:38 AM

I guess Jambase didn't get invited to an after show performance yet. Thats where the inprov happens with Prince. I saw a show on the east coast show and then the aftershow jam at another spot. OMG

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
2/24/2011 09:05 AM

Any band that does medleys is lame! Prince used to kick ass , I agree. Just like Metallica used to but when i saw them on the black album tour they did medleys with their songs and thats some lame ass shit!

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
2/24/2011 12:53 PM

What if it's medleys of other peoples songs?

Jazzgtrl4
Jazzgtrl4
2/24/2011 12:54 PM

i agree with Nutsack. Medleys do suck. i love Rush and they do a medley at the end of there show of the old stuff. come on guys, play the songs..that's actually surprising about prince, i saw him at Cochella a few years ago and i dont remember him doing that.

chux7487
chux7487
2/24/2011 04:50 PM

true dat, medleys suck, they always leave you just wishing that the song was completed.

damoncory
damoncory
2/25/2011 10:53 AM

I think Dennis explained in the review that them Medley thing is something he is doing for this "tour". Not all of his shows past, recently or future will be the same. Good reviews. Can wait till we get some hometown love from the purple one!

ericgorsuch
ericgorsuch
2/26/2011 09:59 AM

This show was INCREDIBLE! One of the best shows I've seen, ever! You guys take one little part of the article and make it sound like the whole show was a bunch of medleys. I think you're all just jealous that Prince didn't pop up with a show near you. If you have the chance, and the cash, it's totally worth it. Prince is doing it up right, right now!

blower
blower
2/27/2011 01:14 PM

Only a few songs were medleys, most just went off on instrumentals. Really amazing musician. His guitar playing and vocals were unreal. Insane chops, perfect vocals, played piano, percussion, danced like a Broadway star. Great show.

indio
indio
2/28/2011 07:53 PM

little man kicks the ass funky!

kaiserbun
kaiserbun
3/2/2011 06:47 PM

medleys or not, i don't really see why someone would want to bash prince. really? the guy is pretty much a musical genius. any member of any of the jambands you love would agree.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use