Sat Eye Candy: The Tragically Hip
JamBase
JamBase
2/5/2011 12:00 AM

Sat Eye Candy: The Tragically Hip

toronto
toronto
2/5/2011 10:20 AM

Love, Love, Love. This band made my life and taste for good music what it is. Period. Thank you for putting your spotlight on this fantastic band. Long Live The Hip!

CjConway
CjConway
2/5/2011 03:21 PM

One of my VERY Favorite bands!! Playing Live, they are out of this world!

mickey7
mickey7
2/6/2011 07:00 AM

Props Dennis. You nailed it,,one of the very finest frontmen in rock indeed. Saw the Hip last year for the first time in about 7 years, and was immediately blown away again, and left wondering why I hadn't made more of an effort to see more of them, and wondering as always, why these guys aren't bigger than they are. You simply can't take your eyes off Downie, he's truly captivating. On a side note, he played a small theater in my small hometown a couple of month's ago with his solo project, Gord Downie and the Country of Miracles. It was like entering into the bizarro world of Gord, hosted from his rec room. Not the power of a Hip show, but very entertaining in a low tech kind of way. If you haven't made an effort to check them out, do so. They're taper-friendly as well, so lots of shows are available.

mickey7
mickey7
2/6/2011 07:03 AM

Clarification: The Hip are taper friendly, not sure about COM.

mythmunky
mythmunky
2/6/2011 10:52 AM

Glad some good canadian talent gets reported on here! these guys are absolutely classic! They sell out stadiums in Toronto and play small clubs just over the border.

puseykev
puseykev
2/6/2011 02:00 PM

Happy Birthday, Downie! Thx to you, and the band, for so many great shows...and thx Jambase for all the video footage highlighting The Hip's career! Love the 80's stuff:)

solidrock
solidrock
2/7/2011 06:21 AM

I'll never understand why U.S. superstardom has illuded these guys. I've seen them at venues ranging from a canadian festival with 100k plus going nuts to the 40watt (with Michael Stipe standing next to me, from '94 through the present. They always bring it, and in my opinion, better than any rock band around. They have that same ability Panic has to simply blow you back when they 'launch' into a concert. Thanks for taking note JB!

Chicomang
Chicomang
2/7/2011 10:38 AM

Mickey and Solid: Agreed! I've never been disappointed at a show and always find myself wondering why they are still a "secret" in the states. If festival promoters were on it in the U.S. they would have these guys on the bill.

bigchris
bigchris
2/8/2011 06:53 PM

Canada's answer to Midnight Oil, and pretty fun live too

when are they going to tour with the Mother Hips?

could be called "Hip to be square"(sorry couldn't resist)

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use