Me likey Jacks response.

gurgi617
gurgi617
2/2/2011 11:10 AM

this is a shame...they were great...im happy i got to see them at least once

AintNoFreedom
AintNoFreedom
2/2/2011 11:18 AM

Makes sense, but still a bummer. One of my favorite bands growing up...

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
2/2/2011 11:32 AM

Good Riddance, I thought these guys sucked and were boring. Later Jack! Meg is cool though!

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
2/2/2011 12:58 PM

I smell a reunion at coachella in a few years.

Snaphappy
Snaphappy
2/2/2011 01:05 PM

If they are going to go out Last Waltz style... they should at least throw down one last gig with a bunch of their friends...

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
2/2/2011 01:12 PM

Weird memory - I was top five blacked out at their Roo show a few years back - BUT - Completely remember the whole show. go figure.

bigfro
bigfro
2/2/2011 01:12 PM

what does that even mean. I am not a fan, but I don't dislike them or anything. This is a weak explanation. People shouldn't spit on success. if they are not getting along, then fine, but for the sake of art, please.

harrisonp
harrisonp
2/2/2011 01:15 PM

Say it ain't so jack, say it ain't so.

jjwood
jjwood
2/2/2011 03:38 PM

One less source of noise pollution! I'm sorry, but I have tried and just do not "get" The White Stripes! At all! However, Jack White has earned my respect as a producer. Different strokes, as they say.

lanceuppercut3
lanceuppercut3
2/2/2011 04:06 PM

^your an idiot

this is a sad day, i really cant find the words to describe how much this sucks

BigErn
BigErn
2/2/2011 05:10 PM

I like their music (I bought their first three albums) but based on every interview Ive ever seen I do not care for them as people. I remember one interview about 7 or 8 years ago where Meg said the White Strips were a temporary gig for her because she could never imagine herself wearing white and red cloth traveling around playing music forever.

dedhed6111
dedhed6111
2/2/2011 05:47 PM

"for the sake of art, please."

I think that it is for the sake of art that they are quitting. In order to preserve the intense and special magic they made in that short time. Sure, they could string it along for 30 years, making increasingly less enjoyable music, and enjoying it less themselves in the process. and eventually after Meg dies from a drug overdose they'll get some chick who plays drums in a White Stripes cover band to simply copy her style. I'm sure people will love that, man. I mean, there's Paul Rodgers & Queen, The Doors Las Vegas show, Sublime with Rome, The Grateful Dead with that ripoff artist, The beach boys experience. Maybe they actually decided to be true to the art they've already made and quit while they're far, far ahead.

yuckfou
yuckfou
2/2/2011 06:30 PM

^agreed

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use