Hangout Fest 2011 : P. Simon, Foo, WSP, MMJ, Primus, Lips, Keys

grassyjoel
grassyjoel
2/1/2011 11:08 AM

Nice

mattchu
mattchu
2/1/2011 11:19 AM

Really solid line up, but idk this idea seems kinda sketchy. a lot of mega festivals unfortunately are a minor waste land by monday, Id love to go but would hate to see trash piling up on the beaches and in the water. Those who have been, how well enforced is the reduction environmental impact given the precious layout of the festival?

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
2/1/2011 11:22 AM

This is freegen AWESOME!!!!. Finally SOME HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CavemanUM
CavemanUM
2/1/2011 11:23 AM

good question mattchu, it's nice that you would even think about something like that because a lot of people wouldn't.

that being said, this lineup is really tight. definitely some bullshit in there, but a whole lot of straight fire. and i think black keys, mmj, and foo fighters are about the best mainstream-type headliners you could pretty much get for a festival like this. throw in some panic, umphrey's, MMW, and a few good electronic acts and what else do you need?

lanceuppercut3
lanceuppercut3
2/1/2011 11:54 AM

lineup is solid, not crazy bout foo but they put on a great live show, the only bands on there i havent seen(that i like) are mmj and xavier rudd this lineup could use a couple more heavy hitters

karrvingwaves
karrvingwaves
2/1/2011 12:05 PM

i might have to make the trip from CO down for this year

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
2/1/2011 12:06 PM

IMHO - this lineup is an B+/A-.

Coachella lineup is a C/C-

I failed math though.

kssaul
kssaul
2/1/2011 12:28 PM

Mattchu....the festival did a great job with cleanliness/lines/etc last year. We were all very pleased with the overall performance of the promoters. Also, due to a rain delay on Sunday, anyone and everyone was allowed to enter the festival for free, which resulted in Ray Lamontange, Ben Harper, and Trey basically playing a free show on the beach. Very cool.

That being said, I'm very impressed with the lineup for this year. I'd personally pay just for Paul Simon and Panic, and the co-headliners and mid-carders are a great mix as well.

On a side note, the late-nite scene is great as well. We caught Alex B / Big Gigantic on the first night, and Keller played a 5 dollar show on Saturday night.

All-in-all a great experience, and I will certainly be going back.

usfongs
usfongs
2/1/2011 12:35 PM

Looks like a good lineup.

TNspreadhead
TNspreadhead
2/1/2011 01:13 PM

Hell of a lineup down on the beach

bigchris
bigchris
2/1/2011 01:23 PM

If Paul Simon somehow plays with Ween all will be good!

chux7487
chux7487
2/1/2011 02:00 PM

i mean this is the dopest shit ive ever seen. so sick... paul fucking simon.

mattland
mattland
2/1/2011 02:37 PM

Xavier Rudd is the man.

crowesfan
crowesfan
2/1/2011 02:48 PM

Very sexy lineup

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use