Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

11 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band | NYE | Review
JamBase
JamBase
1/21/2011 12:00 AM

Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band | NYE | Review
The band truly begins to gel as they ring in the New Year in Florida.

STEG187
STEG187
1/21/2011 11:38 PM

oh hell yea!! from the heart and thoro w/it. Well done Scottie!! consider your cherry officially POPPED!!

Drbeaker
Drbeaker
1/22/2011 12:39 PM

"Until being asked to sit down by security" FUCK FLORIDA.

bluefunkgrass
bluefunkgrass
1/22/2011 02:02 PM

wow what a great audience

ericroberts
ericroberts
1/22/2011 07:32 PM

awesome article scotty! i groove cerebrally all day

cmansgtpepper
cmansgtpepper
1/24/2011 11:05 AM

Set I: Don't Let Me Slide, Midnight in Harlem, Tell Mama, Anyday, Love Has Something Else to Say, Presence of the Lord, Leavin' Truck, That Did It, Standing on the Edge of Love, Learn How to Love, Garvey's Ghost > Space Captain, Coming Home, *New Years*, Night Time is the Best Time, Bound for Glory

Encore: Spirit in the Dark

northville
northville
1/24/2011 02:56 PM

How awesome it must be for him to be able to tour and play with his wife. But I sure do miss just the Derek Trucks Band. Having listened to and seen the DTB regularly since '98, Trucks/Tedeschi band just doesn't do it for me. But, you just can't blame him for playing/touring fulltime with the ol' ball and chain.

bubbagreen
bubbagreen
1/25/2011 07:20 AM

i've seen derek and susan play several times together and its always great but i want the Derek Trucks Band back!!

cmansgtpepper
cmansgtpepper
1/25/2011 08:45 AM

yes. "leavin trunk" not "leaving Truck" haha..sorry.

fluffdon
fluffdon
1/25/2011 11:25 AM

great job scotty! totally diggin it bro.

tampafaz
tampafaz
1/26/2011 11:04 AM

The Derek Trucks Band is easily one of my favorite bands ever but I gotta say, I actually like this new project more and I think Derek and Kofi do too. They've already written more new songs as a band than DTB has created in years and the new funk/soul/R&B/jazz sound they have going on is unreal. And don't get me wrong, I love Todd, Count and Yonrico, but the rhythm section of Oteil, JJ and the Falcon can't be touched. They've blown me away the two times I saw them.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use