Arcade Fire, Boni Jovi, Buffet, Wilco
gregboyer
gregboyer
1/20/2011 08:31 PM

main stage=jizzfest

DaKracken
DaKracken
1/21/2011 02:02 AM

Jazzfest can be over rated and underappreciated at the same time. The comments about the Acura stage are right on-why stand around with 30,000-50,000 people when you can go to Congo Square and see cool bands with just a few thousand people tops. Once you walk through the gates of the fairgrounds and smell the food, see people of all ages and race dancing and drinking draft beer in the sun you can just forget about this being a music fest and more of a block party. I catch 2 or 3 sets from bands I dig but usually just wonder about and meet people and listen to music pouring out of the different tents. I like the fact that this fest also attracts non music nerds so I don't have to endure stupid conversations about Phish or Da Dead and that epic set from 1992 or such nonsense. Fun people show up and throw down regardless of who is playing

ssucaet
ssucaet
1/21/2011 06:37 AM

To all you Gaypers complaining about the Fest lineup, stay home! Go get your glow sticks and go find some Jamtronica to spin to! It's clear you know little about music, food, and culture. The RADS farewell show should be enough to warrant the trip or the schooling you will receive from the likes of Alan Toussaint, Henry Butler, John Boutte, The Batista Family, Zigaboo Modeliste, Eric Lindell and Johnny Vidacovich.

"Suck the head and squeeze the tip"

lovemusical
lovemusical
1/21/2011 06:54 AM

Like I said, the Louisiana bands are awsome. Let me repeat: Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, and John Mellencamp. At JAZZ fest!! That's like having Barbara Streisand, Michael Bolton and The Jonas Brothers at Reggae Fest.

robartscott
robartscott
1/21/2011 10:45 AM

Sad to see the headliners of "JazzFest" I wouldn't doubt if clearchannel now owns NOJF.

jenofeve
jenofeve
1/21/2011 12:42 PM

Don't forget how much goes on outside of the fest. All the late nights and the late, late nights. Jazz fest is a place that really brings together so many musicians and music fans and I think the fun is finding rare music moments throughout the weekend. Finding a good stage. Just pay close attention to who's playing after the fest at Blue Nile, or Tips (FQ or UT).

stoops
stoops
1/21/2011 01:22 PM

i've always thought jazzfest was the best continuously running american festival, usually not for the headliners. while i see plenty of good bands i'ld wanna see this year on this lineup, i have to agree with a lot of the negative sentiment here. not that it's a wholistically bad lineup, but it is probably the least exciting jazzfest lineup i can remember. don't you guys usually blow your load every year when this list comes out? maybe it's just me but i didn't get that feeling reading it this year...

LivingTheDreamATX
LivingTheDreamATX
1/21/2011 10:15 PM

OK, so it's pretty much pointless for me to pontificate on the incredible mysteries surrounding this year's choice of Headlining bands, but it is VERY reassuring to read so many RIGHT ON comments from SOOOOO many people on this site. FYI I spent one of the greatest Jazz Fests of my life without EVER going to the fairgrounds!! Ever watched the sun come up three mornings in a row after walking out of Tip's, The Maple Leaf, and Howlin' Wolf??? If you haven't...there's STILL TIME!!!!!

LivingTheDreamATX
LivingTheDreamATX
1/21/2011 10:17 PM

2 words...Gospel Tent

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use