bubbagreen
bubbagreen
1/20/2011 07:20 AM

kid rock is the eagles of today!! can u turn it i fuckin hate kid rock man

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
1/20/2011 07:31 AM

WHAT THE??

No Love for John Mayer? He’s the one that should be bringing the HHHEEEAAATT to this festieStyles. I wanna understand these promoters but then I go “WHERE’s THE HHHEEEAATTT????!”

I wanna be at the festie (at the shows) doing my thing, checkin’ out the ladies, smokin’, groovin’ it out, sippin’ on juice, putting my hands in the air like everyone else. But IF THERE’s NO HEAT THERE”S NO MEAT! And a sandwich without meat is a badboy dancers with no feet. It doesn’t HAPPEN!! Get with it promoters. Get the hot and heavy hitters HEAT.

At least Lauren Hill will be there.

lovemusical
lovemusical
1/20/2011 07:38 AM

Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, and John Mellencamp? What the fuck is this, Bonnaroo? Simply terrible headliners. Looks like FM Pop Rock stations will be broadcasting live from "Jazz" Fest for the first time. The Louisiana groups look great as always, but what is with these headliners? Last year was 10 times better lineup. Think I'll skip it this year.

deber
deber
1/20/2011 07:51 AM

Despite the obviously bad major headliners (Kid Rock and Bon Jovi) there are still quite a few gems here: EVERYONE FROM NEW ORLEANS (Dumpstaphunk, Neville Bros., Dr. John, Allen Toussaint, Big Freedia, Galactic, Trombone Shorty, etc.) Wyclef, Lauren Hill, Wilco, Willie Nelson, Robert Plant, Jeff Beck, Spearhead, Sonny Rollins, Arlo Guthrie, Gregg Allman, Robert Cray and Punch Bros. With Thile, Ahmad Jamal.

Jazz Fest = Awesome

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
1/20/2011 08:19 AM

Lame!

jazzfester
jazzfester
1/20/2011 08:27 AM

My 2 cents: If you go to Jazz Fest for the headliners, you don't understand Jazz Fest. Crappy headliners keep the assholes at other stages. Might I suggest titling your own headliners. If Willie Nelson, Arlo Guthrie, Robert Cray, and so on are not headliners in your opinion, you might not understand music.

PrimusLick
PrimusLick
1/20/2011 09:06 AM

^ very vague

this dont look jazzy but it might feel it

leeappforge
leeappforge
1/20/2011 09:10 AM

Dear NOLA Jazz Fest,

I do not understand your choices for headliners at the fest this year. Yes, it is fun to see small tent shows and local NOLA flavor, but the main headliners are way off base for the musical continuity...the Strokes??? Bon Jovi? Really?

Thanks for listening and I still love you.

Me

damoncory
damoncory
1/20/2011 09:48 AM

Look for me sellin doses @ The Kenny G set, Ill have a purple mohawk. Seriously tho, I really wish I could go to this, good headliners or not.

mccordo
mccordo
1/20/2011 09:51 AM

jazzfester hit the nail on the head. I can't tell you how many great experiences I've had at the Lagniappe Stage, Congo Square, Jazz Tent or one of the other smaller areas while a majority of the people at the Fairgrounds were watching a "headliner" at the Acura Stage. I go to JazzFest just as much (if not more) for the names that are near the bottom of the list as I do for the headliners.

I would never pay for or go to a Bon Jovi concert, but I will definitely be at JazzFest when they're playing; I'll just be seeing somebody else like the Midnite Disturbers or the Hot 8 Brass Band.

I remember going to NOLA for Voodoo Fest a few years back when the Red Hot Chili Peppers headlined. While 20,000 people were watching RHCP, I was with about 500 people watching The (Original) Meters play one of the best sets of the fest on a side stage. It is what you make it.

articgtp
articgtp
1/20/2011 01:09 PM

Having been myself, i can confirm the best music is usually never at a main stage.

Last year , that was not the case as their were some excellent bands and headliners, i thought i would be a shoe-in this year, but alas I can not support the addition of these bands or the crowds they will attract.

Think i will go to Waka instead, great diverse line-up.

Jazz Fest, you better fix this shit next year, we don't want another DMB fiasco.

Cola21
Cola21
1/20/2011 01:42 PM

I'm really missing what all the whining is about. I know last year's line-up was unbelievable. But if every fest had the same line-up every year, there'd be no diversity. The beauty of it is the hit-or-miss nature. This isn't Bonnaroo (yet) because it's still predominantly some incredibly talented, diverse, and NOT FM radio bands. It's alternative, but it's also really good. Headliners draw big spenders who only go for the one or two bands up top. It gets money. If y'all like 30 other bands, go. 30: 1 ratio sounds pretty awesome.

smiley3
smiley3
1/20/2011 02:20 PM

My two cents: the headliners should include: C McBride, Mehldau, definiteley Avishai Cohen, etc....where is the jazz...for some reason I get irritated when a Jazz fest includes Kid Rock and Bon Jovi et al....not chick, herbie K garett....oh i dunno jazz players

sschaffner
sschaffner
1/20/2011 03:54 PM

yikes.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use