Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

49 Total Messages • Page 2 of 4 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 
Coachella 2011: Arcade Fire,
Kings Of Leon, Kanye West
djschusta
djschusta
1/19/2011 09:47 AM

WOW. Terrible. Coachella always has special headliners that are hard to catch otherwise, ie Tool, Radiohead, Daft Punk, etc etc

This year they have Kanye and Kings of Leon. Terrible.

And usually it is the middle size font artists (on the poster) that make me want to go to Coachella, but it isn't nearly as impressive this year as it was in previous years.

The small font has some cool acts mixed in, but all stuff I can see in Boston for $10 shows at cool small/intimate venues.

Of course there are great acts mixed in, but this is the first time the coachella line-up has bored me reading it.

Ashe1
Ashe1
1/19/2011 10:41 AM

What day is Paul Van Dyk??? that is the only act there I would be interested in seeing, He's the Best House/Techno DJ in the world

PrimusLick
PrimusLick
1/19/2011 10:54 AM

YAWN

mojo8x
mojo8x
1/19/2011 11:13 AM

Kanye are you kidding me.....What a douche!!!

He should be ban from all music festivals. But good going Coachella, feed his EGO thats just what he needs. I was at the Bonnaroo that he made a total ass out of himself. They folded like a lawn chair & changed his time slot 3 times, After he kept crying about other bands playing during his show(on other stages)

I was going to go to Coachella but I refuse to be anywhere that Cry Baby West is gonna bring his stupid robot voice rap.

He's proved his doucheness many times, Open up your eyes America! BOYCOTT!!!

jpm9999
jpm9999
1/19/2011 11:28 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lame

gettintwisty
gettintwisty
1/19/2011 12:28 PM

Smokeout - if you're serious that Sherwood forest has been cut/clearcut - I would be shocked. For a "sustainable" festival to cut forest is unacceptable.

I believe the SCI weekend gathering on the Roth grounds will happen, doubtful re: Rothbury 2011. I hope I'm wrong.

youknowit
youknowit
1/19/2011 12:30 PM

Smokedout is a dumbshit. I live in the area, everything is intact.

youknowit
youknowit
1/19/2011 12:30 PM

Smokedout is a dumbshit. I live in the area, everything is intact.

youknowit
youknowit
1/19/2011 12:31 PM

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/01/post_44.html

giveitup
giveitup
1/19/2011 12:46 PM

kinda mediocre the festivals that charge 269.00+ for a ticket what a joke i mean ripoff

UseURHead
UseURHead
1/19/2011 01:12 PM

The most interesting thing about this lineup is waiting to see what douchebaggery move Sir Douchalot, I mean Kanye West, pulls on this festival... you just know his ego is going to force him to do something stupid... should we start a douchebaggery pool?

SpreadRed87
SpreadRed87
1/19/2011 01:20 PM

GAY FISH!!!! ha but Cheesebury is happening I spoke with micheal travis before an eoto show and he says its definately happening along with billys annoucement..... and smokedout... madison house isnt in the business of cutting down trees to make money that is just utterly ridiculous!!

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
1/19/2011 01:33 PM

WOW! those headliners are pretty weak. I've always wanted to do this festival, But the location and cost always detour me.

lanceuppercut3
lanceuppercut3
1/19/2011 02:14 PM

i guess the cool thing to do on jb is say that the big festivals suck right? this fest looks awesome to me i actually read all the artist that are gonna be there and its a great mix of music which i love to see and the lineup is usually what gets me to go to fests and this is a solid lineup, on top of that theres a ton of bands ive never seen before strokes, arcade, bright eyes, ratatat, death from above, etc. ive been to 3 roo, 1 lolla, and never been to coachella always wanted to add it to my list...will i go tho? prob not cause i here its expensive (plane tix, hotel, beer) and its all the way on the other side of the country so driving is out...so fuck off everyone, this fest looks like a lot fun.

danimal2
danimal2
1/19/2011 02:23 PM

weak headliners...would love to see Big Audio Dynamite but a 3000 mile trip for it i dont think so... i miss sts9 already

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use