Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

24 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
Jam Cruise 9 | Review | Pics
stoops
stoops
1/17/2011 11:28 AM

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Popular-Jam-Cruise-Ship-Raided-by-Fed-113132159.html

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2011/01/jamcruise_bust_followup.php

PUFNSTUF1
PUFNSTUF1
1/17/2011 12:27 PM

I've been a musician and concert goer for 40yrs and this is by far the best music experience I've ever had. Bonnaroo, Wakarusa, 10,000 Lakes, High Sierra, Mountain Aire, Hog Farm Pignics, Crossroads, 5 Grateful Dead NYE's in the 70's, Herman's Hideaway, AllGood, Bearcreek, Warren's Christmas Jams...I've been to all of these more than one time....plus dozens more that have come and gone and none of them compare for the all around experience. They all have fantastic music but to see your favorite bands w/many of your favorite musicians standing right next to you in venues that hold 300 people is a music lovers dream....and to be able to get totally crocked (and I don't drink)and be just steps from your room w/air conditioning and a bed along with food and clean water available 24hrs a day is unprecedented. Kick in the bonus of traveling to faraway places most have never visted and that just adds to the experience. So for those who feel its not worth it all I can say is you may want to hold your tongue until you experience it....that makes believers out of just about everybody.

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
1/17/2011 08:56 PM

This looks better every year. Its not that hard to sneak stuff. seriously

schwarzcat
schwarzcat
1/20/2011 07:07 AM

Great article again Denis. It was nice seeing you. Once again the best week of the year. Best musical experience out there.

..to "budke"..Not enough really good funk? Thanks for trying. If you have some recommendation of some better funk out there right now other than New Mastersounds, Maceo's super jam (with three of the original JB horns and most of the Meters) Dumpstaphunk, Lettuce not withstanding all the sit in's and Galactic I would be into checking it out.

Funk has always been a big part of jam Cruise and believe me it isn't gonna change for you. Probably not the experience for you. Go back to 1992 and take God Street Wine with you please.

rainydayman
rainydayman
1/20/2011 07:13 PM

Nice review again Dennis.

moephishH2O
moephishH2O
1/24/2011 11:51 AM

Dennis paints a picture better than anyone, IMO, when it comes to concert reviews. This was my 2nd JC and (hard to believe) it was better than last year... Can't wait for JC10!

dillybube
dillybube
1/24/2011 02:34 PM

I read that the us fedral government drug police raided jamcruise and didnt find alot of what they were looking for...what a bunch of assholes uncle sam and company are to treat good honest people this way during an expensive vacation. why cant they do their jobs (stoping evil cocaine cartells from beheading people) how about someone OTHER THAN the american taxpayers pay these agents expenses when they fail as miserably as thay have here?

docpeter
docpeter
1/25/2011 01:35 PM

Good summary of an awesome festival. It was my sixth and I can't wait until next year.

Vidacovich
Vidacovich
1/30/2011 12:10 PM

Relax dear friends! The feds did NOT board the Jam Cruise! You did have to go through customs as you always do to leave the country.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use