Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

67 Total Messages • Page 3 of 5 • « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 
Wakarusa 2011 Lineup
edo0072
edo0072
1/7/2011 05:44 PM

Widespread is taking the summer off. They are shooting videos on their last shows right now. So no festies for them!

grassyjoel
grassyjoel
1/7/2011 06:09 PM

http://www.myspace.com/mo7s

joegrimes
joegrimes
1/7/2011 08:22 PM

some one else said it earlier.....meh.....

gregboyer
gregboyer
1/7/2011 08:28 PM

Life would indeed truly suck with a lance up your butt. I don't find the endless WSP references too amusing either. Shit's getting old.

shonuff
shonuff
1/7/2011 08:58 PM

I'm really surprised at how much negative stuff is going on here. The first 12 bands on this list should get people excited, and add sets from Cornmeal, Galactic, North Mississippi Allstars, and DSO. IMO, I think you have the works for an awesome festival here.

Also, I saw MMJ this summer, and it was awesome (I saw them at Bonnaroo in 04' as well). This band is ready to headline a festival, and I bet they will bring their A Game. Furthurmore, think about the fact that all of these bands are going to bring their best for a fest, which is why jambands thrive in this enviroment.

PEACE

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
1/7/2011 09:27 PM

This is not the Waka i grew up with. MMJ are worth it but not a worthy headliner. i hate ben harper. thievery corp i can do but no first on the list. HOWEVER toots and the maytals, should be headliners, DSO absolutely worth the time as well as MOFRO. NO Yonder is disappointing and no Mule is disappointing. clearly they can't get phish or they would

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
1/7/2011 09:29 PM

i almost forgot about North Miss. STELLAR. did you know their dad jim dickinson played piano on "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones. no you didnt. dont lie

grassyjoel
grassyjoel
1/8/2011 12:26 AM

"did you know their dad jim dickinson played piano on "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones. no you didnt. dont lie" Actually I did...but only cuz when he died recently I read it somewhere, think jambands.com but I never would have known otherwise.

radioretaliation
radioretaliation
1/8/2011 09:39 AM

This Lineup is amazing. Exept for a lack of bluegrass there is something for everybody. MMJ and Thievery are great headliners!

radioretaliation
radioretaliation
1/8/2011 09:52 AM

This Lineup is amazing. Exept for a lack of bluegrass there is something for everybody. MMJ and Thievery are great headliners!

jerzeykid
jerzeykid
1/9/2011 10:45 AM

Im wondering if we are just getting spoiled. I would have crapped myself over this line-up a few years back but there are so many festivas out there now that people critique them. For me, I think that most of the majors are pretty similar, but it comes down to location and life-schedule. I have a blast at every festival I go to- even if the line up is not as good as the one someone else is touting as better. Its not a competition- its music.

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
1/9/2011 01:25 PM

Damn Jerzeykid just schooled all of us!

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
1/9/2011 02:52 PM

not enough bluegrass? 2 sets of cornmeal, 2 sets of hot buttered rum, 2 sets of mountain standard time (awesome, check them out)... thats 10+ hours of bluegrass.

this fest seems to have it all

bluegrass

dubstep

face melting rock

trancey electronicy shit

reggae

funk

and of course, something grateful dead-like

Emo
Emo
1/9/2011 04:19 PM

hire the Mantras

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
1/9/2011 05:38 PM

I am still looking for WIDESPREAD to be added to this lineup so that it's worth the coin$. Hoping it's any day now. Been waiting and waiting. just here... listening to Widespread Panic LIVE shows. I love Widespread panic live shows. They are the best shows. I just love their shows...on tape.. listening to Widespread Panic LIVE shows. Sweet sounds.

Amazing vocals man.. jamming is way better than anything phish or sst9 COULD THINK OF.

best shit ever IoM

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use