SCI Winter Carnival 2011
JamBase
JamBase
1/6/2011 12:00 AM

SCI Winter Carnival 2011

Pipes3
Pipes3
1/6/2011 11:01 AM

I am ready to be part of the Spring Clan. Can't wait for some Gouda Cheese.

lanceuphisbutt3
lanceuphisbutt3
1/6/2011 11:54 AM

This is going to be incredible…

..if Widespread Panic are added to the bill. Y’see when a band as unbelievable as WIDESPREAD PANIC! Take the stage, an energy is created that they chuck at the crowd and then the crowd throws it back and then WIDESPREAD throws it in their FACES! The heat that gets created in this process is like nothing anybody has ever seen them before and after.

They should be added to this bill. Period.

cadailey37
cadailey37
1/6/2011 12:16 PM

OH YEAH!!!! Hulaween was EPIC and I cannot wait to get my funky-grasstronica groove on in Denver!!! So excited we'll get another 3 nights of Cheese!!! Thank you! Maybe Jambase will actually give some pics and a review of these shows.

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
1/6/2011 12:41 PM

almost turning into a nostalgic act. billy and travis shouldn't be on the same satge anymore until they get along... musically and personally .

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
1/6/2011 12:42 PM

but god damn emmitt-nershi band is good. IMO way better than cheese currently

bwallen
bwallen
1/6/2011 12:47 PM

Corey - Emmit Nershi is amazing right now. I agree, the shows they do have been better then a few of the most recent cheese greatest hits show. I felt like watching Red Rocks on iclips and then Hornings were too identical. Give me loads of covers, rare tracks and a "Last Waltz" style collaboration show. And lets me real The download of the show is nice but just supplements the 55 ticket price, BEFORE fees. RIP OFF! Im debating whether or not to go. Odds are I will. But if its a summer repeat I will be a bit disappointed. BUt Im loving EOTO, Emmit Nershi, and Kyle's Band. Really dug the WMD combo for a while, then the next step after that will Keller. All in all I'm loving the few cheese shows, but unless they mix it up more, I may take a bit of a break. Explore new options.

wilson021
wilson021
1/6/2011 01:03 PM

As much as I love cheese, it makes me sad they are only playing a few shows a year for the $$. Other than playing for $ they do not have any interest in their band or playing together for that matter.

malkin99
malkin99
1/6/2011 01:10 PM

ladies and gentleman the $tring Chee$e Incident

CavemanUM
CavemanUM
1/6/2011 01:38 PM

hulaween was fun and it was good to see cheese again. epic though? i think not. i'll catch them again when they are playing more shows and have a little more practice under their belts. too many bands at the top of their game right now to spend this kind of money on cheese. i'm sure it will be fun for all who are in attendance though

LaurelKinman
LaurelKinman
1/6/2011 03:30 PM

This band has been a major component of my musical life for 10 years, the family I have become a part of is irreplaceable, the levels of bliss their music has taken me to is immeasurable.

I had to miss everything in 2010. I'm not missing this. I've been reading alot of negativity today and it makes me sad that some folks can't find something, ANYTHING positive to say, regardless of all the chatter, and even if they blow chunks I'll be there dancing my ass off, I got nothing but love for these boys.

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
1/6/2011 03:31 PM

I just saw emmitt-nershi band on their west coast tour. and i can truthfully say that it was better than 99% of the 150 cheese shows I have been to. Emmitt nershi are great of course. But they had andy thorn on the banjo and Zeb on violin that were both ridiculous. Musically they outshined Emmitt-nershi in my opinion (if thats even possible).

hate to say it... this aint the early 2000s cheese I fell in love with personally. Used to pissed at Nershi for leaving... but im starting to think he got it right.

CoreyBauer
CoreyBauer
1/6/2011 03:32 PM

Let me also say... i got love for the band. It too was my life for 3-4 years. Made some greats friends on tour. For that I will always love cheese.

Dwizard
Dwizard
1/6/2011 04:10 PM

Cheese plays for the money, they change their sound according to what's popular, and while "nice" most of the fans I have come across are usually a few beats behind the actual energy of the moment. String Cheese is like middle school jam rock as opposed to something like Phish, WSP, Further, MOE, etc. but hey that's just my opinion. I personally cant feel good about giving my money to a group of sellouts. Don't get me wrong back in "96 they were awesome, but Salmon took the big crowds back then and Cheese got scraps so they changed their sound. They dont seem to change based on their own desires but rather as a reaction to the current industry in which they work. They are more craftsmen than musicians at that point. When Emmit Nershi get together though the love and joy of music seems to be a focus. I never could stand the BS pageantry crap they pull as Cheese, it always seemed like mock spirituality. It was another example of playing to the crowd rather than following their own dreams. i dont like to hate on other folks favorites but I really think kids need to stop and take a look at just how deadicated Cheese has been and weather or not they deserve the following they have. I say leave Cheese for the 18 and under crowd and find a new band with real drive.

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
1/6/2011 04:32 PM

It should be "Hosted by EOTO w/ The Other String Cheese Guys" The SCIde projects (all of them) are just more organic sounding than SCI

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use