Hot Buttered Rum Headed To Africa To Study, Record, Film
JamBase
JamBase
12/8/2010 12:00 AM

Hot Buttered Rum Headed To Africa To Study, Record, Film

skooter17
skooter17
12/8/2010 11:57 AM

wow this has to be the most pathetic stint i have seen. You want people to pay for your vacation to west africa? not only that but you will make a album off of it a sell it? Sweet dude let me pull out the old Credit card and get you on your way!

RedHeaven
RedHeaven
12/8/2010 01:31 PM

Donation decadence aside, I am ELATED to see these musicians go follow their dreams. They are themselves all very giving people and very talented. I do agree that asking for a donation is a little decadent, but I do encourage them to be all they can be. I absolutely adore each one of these musicians and support anything they do. Africa is a special zone. My extra pennies will be going to the local animal shelter, but my love for music is going to this crew of studs!! KEEP ON!

jazzfester
jazzfester
12/8/2010 02:18 PM

Did I miss that there will be some proceeds shared with a charity? Otherwise, if I pay to build your property, what is my cut on the profits?

carrot
carrot
12/8/2010 07:01 PM

He's not just asking for donations, you get something. From his website:

<

For donations of $7 or more, I will mail you a project poster.

For donations of $20 or more, I will mail you a signed CD.

For donations of $50 or more, I will mail you a signed CD, poster, and special Ghanaian momento.

For donations of $1000 or so, I can arrange a house concert... let's talk for details.>>

Musicians need to fund projects somehow! They can't make a living by selling cd's anymore...got to try some new ways of thinking! Kudos for coming up with a great idea and sticking your neck out Nat and HBR crew!

I'm sending in my $20 now and look forward to getting my signed CD.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use