Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

19 Total Messages • Page 1 of 2 • 1 2 Next » 
Bear Creek Festival 2010 | Review | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
11/23/2010 12:00 AM

Bear Creek Festival 2010 | Review | Pics
The jewel of Florida's fall music season captured by B. Getz in words and Dino Perrucci and Allison Murphy in photos.

912panicfan
912panicfan
11/23/2010 05:20 PM

Great weekend. one of the best all year. electronic and funk central. Live Oak is always good in my book. perfect weather (cold at night). been there for other festivals but this was my first bear creek and most certainly not my last. Weekend favs imho break science,Eliot Lipp(both nights),Garaj Mahal (suprise band of the weekend for sure...bought blueberry cave and there are some real gems on it!!, bonobo live band(may be best all weekend), UM(of which i am not big fans of but really enjoyed the set in the purple hat tent), Papadosio, new mastersounds late night(....so good), the new deal(wtf), and somebody please tell me who that guy was on the stage elevated by camping late night on saturday i believe. it was on a stage not listed and i heard it on walk back to tent and enjoyed what i heard. bear creek is so worth it. peace

sitdancer
sitdancer
11/23/2010 07:12 PM

That reviewer lost me when he mentioned Soulive's "emotional Tears For Fears" cover. Man, I've seen Soulive and Chapter 2 play that song so much this year, and it SUCKS!!!! That was the moment I left the Amphitheater and went to see Bernie tear up the Music Hall.

Please Nigel, Kraz: Stop the freakin Everybody Wants to Rule the World BS. I don't EVER want to hear you play that shit again.

And I was really looking forward to reading the Bear Creek review on jambase, now I could not even read past Friday. :(

jamesdinct
jamesdinct
11/24/2010 07:13 AM

Writer: I enjoyed ur review. It was a little spastic and brief but u covered a lot and ur writing style was sometimes how a jampacked fest can feel so it worked. Sounds like it was an amazing event, n tons of fun. U made me wish I could have been there. Can't wait to get back to Suwanee one day!!!! Even some great commenters on this one! Woot

juggbigt
juggbigt
11/24/2010 07:50 AM

I agree miles, moe's set was great. the spine>buster>yodalittle>george is 1 1/2 hrs of nastiness. Orgone killed, Um was great, Soulive, LETTUCE, Break Science...Love bear creek

robynFLA
robynFLA
11/24/2010 08:10 AM

Wow. I publicly vow to never miss Bear Creek again.

jalford3
jalford3
11/24/2010 11:10 AM

panicfan: That guy was Zach Deputy, amazing amazing musician and person! He plays all the time and actually has some dates coming up with UM, so stoked! Don't ever miss Zach play, always a great time!

I am with you Miles, best moe set I've ever seen! Completely changed my opinion on the band.

Eric Krasno killed it! UM, Lettuce, New Mastersounds, Caddy Jones, Ivan Neville, Garaj Mahal, New Deal, everything was top notch. Surprised that Snarky Puppy wasn't mentioned, their set was awesome and full of energy. Bear Creek is the best festival around right now, do not miss next year!

tbsxv
tbsxv
11/24/2010 11:58 AM

Elegantly worded, powerfully crafted....always top-knotch work "bee gee". Git it

FATTY64
FATTY64
11/24/2010 09:47 PM

B.C. was awesome this year. Umphrey's two nights so sick! First time i ever heard of Rubblebuckek; they too were awesome. Missed some good shows friday night for Matt and Everyone Orchestra and it was so worth it. Had to be one of the best live jam i have ever witnessed. Any one who loves music must listen to this set, probably won't do the live show justice but still great. AND the Campground stage through it down this year. Hope to make it back next year.

glowbug
glowbug
11/26/2010 06:52 AM

Nice review! Haven't missed a Bear Creek yet, and I never will. My absolute favorite festie :)

mojofolk
mojofolk
11/26/2010 09:35 PM

Did anyone record the Bonobo live band set? I'd love to hear how that played out.

FrankJam
FrankJam
11/26/2010 10:20 PM

i love the that Bear Creek is finally being recognized as the best festival there out the........FACT!!!

FrankJam
FrankJam
11/26/2010 10:21 PM

*there

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
11/27/2010 10:26 PM

solid review. we dont see a lot of those bands in the midwest festis(waka).(major bummer)

sounds like a great festi

squirrelbrains
squirrelbrains
11/29/2010 07:45 AM

i have not missed a bear creek either, this festival is perfect for those who like to camp in cold weather and get funkified. to the dude who left the amphitheater because of the "everybody wants to rule the world". dude how many times you seen em play that with kofi? just sayin, :) love this festival, get your tickets when they go on sale in the next couple months and save lots!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use