The Work's 2010 Christmas Jam Benefit Concert in SC
JamBase
JamBase
11/22/2010 12:00 AM

The Work's 2010 Christmas Jam Benefit Concert in SC

rainydayman
rainydayman
11/22/2010 11:46 AM

Way to go Craig and Work, but the name and logo of your benefit concert looks too similar to another such benefit the week earlier, several miles on up I-26.

overall
overall
11/22/2010 12:08 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing, RDM. This is either tacky and misleading, or it's lazy and unoriginal. Either way, this "benefit" will no doubt garner unwarranted and unearned recognition.

frinkazoid
frinkazoid
11/23/2010 06:16 AM

"Fellow band member Craig Sorrels agrees, "The Christmas Jam is quickly becoming one of the biggest events of the year in Greenville for music. And is great for the music scene here in general. You will be pressed hard to find another event all year that brings in so many world class musicians into one building for one performance all together and do it all for a good cause."

While all benefits are a good thing, this quote could replace Greenville with Asheville and be true... this is just a little to close a resemblance to the real "Christmas Jam". I can appreciate what their doing , but don't step on Warren's toes so hard, be a little more creative.

scotbeckham
scotbeckham
11/23/2010 01:07 PM

Glad to see this posted on Jambase. I've seen The Work more than I've seen any other band over the years (since they're from my hometown) and they always bring the heat. This is a great time for a great cause. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it.

worker
worker
11/26/2010 06:20 AM

You know folks...this event has been ongoing for 9 years now...and The Work keep having better, outstanding musicians EVERY year! Grammy award winners don't just go to any old event. These guys put on an incredible show and donate ALL of the proceeds to a local charity...the fact that you all seem to be missing is just that...IT IS FOR CHARITY! How about a little holiday spirit and show some support for guys trying to give back to the community that gives to them. I doubt any of you who are bitching would be going anyways, but I tell you..if you DO go you will be singing a completely different tune afterwards.

And if Warren had a problem, he wouldn't have been inviting a member of the band to back him for the past 2 years... And Filo, you are right...the idea that no other group using "Christmas Jam" at Christmas time is ridiculous...Thanks for the support Filo & Scott!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use