Disco Biscuits Visit School for "Bisco Power Mission"
JamBase
JamBase
11/18/2010 12:00 AM

Disco Biscuits Visit School for "Bisco Power Mission"

adamkid4
adamkid4
11/18/2010 01:30 PM

They let these guys in front of children?!

Roswellznutsack
Roswellznutsack
11/18/2010 01:32 PM

After lunch they had a "make your own flat Brim hat" arts and craft session followed by a "how to make your own Molly" lecture! The kids loved it!

gmoo
gmoo
11/18/2010 01:37 PM

For as much unjust shit as this band takes from heads, they certainly do a lot for people other than themselves.

GratefulSpread1
GratefulSpread1
11/18/2010 02:02 PM

Hahaha...your comment got me pretty good roswell

It is good to see bands take the time to better the lives of children and give back to the community....for a while I thought Widespread Panic and Warren Haynes were the only ones making these kind of initiatives

PrimusLick
PrimusLick
11/18/2010 02:29 PM

11/18/2010 01:32 PM • [Report Abuse]

After lunch they had a "make your own flat Brim hat" arts and craft session followed by a "how to make your own Molly" lecture! The kids loved it!

^ this

FunkyMcFunkerson
FunkyMcFunkerson
11/18/2010 02:53 PM

this is whats up, and to all the haters, sorry that these guys are tryin to do something that benefits others, didnt know that was a bad thing

phi2thelip
phi2thelip
11/18/2010 03:55 PM

as liberal and accepting as I am... I don't know if I would want my kids meeting the "disco biscuits" I mean come on... "daddy... what's a disco biscuit?"

jacqui1
jacqui1
11/19/2010 04:05 AM

I love the Biscuits. But did anyone read what this is going to save? The $35,000 installation will save the school a mere $43,000. OVER THE NEXT 25 YEARS. I mean, I guess it helped. Less than $2,000 a year but at least it's something right? The Biscuits look like real good guys doing a selfless thing like this I guess.

GratefulFrederick
GratefulFrederick
11/19/2010 04:55 AM

adamkid4 11/18/2010 01:30 PM • [Report Abuse]

They let these guys in front of children?!

gmoo 11/18/2010 01:37 PM • [Report Abuse]

For as much unjust shit as this band takes from heads, they certainly do a lot for people other than themselves.

^both of these

toeknee420
toeknee420
11/19/2010 07:28 AM

What happened to" drug free" school zones? Not that day I guess. I heard on the local news that night that the chem lab had been broken into and cleaned out mysteriously.

stuckinabeat
stuckinabeat
11/19/2010 08:07 AM

yea some people like to protect the children.

struby420
struby420
11/19/2010 08:12 AM

who looks more dangerous to your child's safety, brownie, or this guy?

http://blurt-online.com/assets/images/authors/dschools.jpg

gurgi617
gurgi617
11/19/2010 08:25 AM

let's face it, the jamband community is very much like any other group...people have their opinions and people like to vocalize those opinions...people will make comments about whatever they feel like, regardless of what the true meaning behind the origin is...in this situation, the disco biscuits are doing more than just dumping money into a school and providing them with a way to save on an electrical bill...they are also showing students that there are different ways to use and reuse energy...their attempt to better a school is more than just money, it is a message...i do not personally know the members of the disco biscuits, and i definitely do not care for their devoted fans, nor do i LOVE their music...also, after having been to a few of their shows, i do know that there are a lot of things that happen at their concerts that school children should not be exposed to, but this is something that they are doing to try to give back...if people do not understand that or have their own thoughts about what the disco biscuits' community and band members are like, then that is their opinion, and they are entitled to it...as for me, i find it funny and entertaining that people are being judgmental about a band whose music and followers might, as i mentioned earlier, be inappropriate for school children, but at least the members are trying to not live up to that image

gurgi617
gurgi617
11/19/2010 08:42 AM

let's face it, the jamband community is very much like any other group...people have their opinions and people like to vocalize those opinions...people will make comments about whatever they feel like, regardless of what the true meaning behind the origin is...in this situation, the disco biscuits are doing more than just dumping money into a school and providing them with a way to save on an electrical bill...they are also showing students that there are different ways to use and reuse energy...their attempt to better a school is more than just money, it is a message...i do not personally know the members of the disco biscuits, and i definitely do not care for their devoted fans, nor do i LOVE their music...also, after having been to a few of their shows, i do know that there are a lot of things that happen at their concerts that school children should not be exposed to, but this is something that they are doing to try to give back...if people do not understand that or have their own thoughts about what the disco biscuits' community and band members are like, then that is their opinion, and they are entitled to it...as for me, i find it funny and entertaining that people are being judgmental about a band whose music and followers might, as i mentioned earlier, be inappropriate for school children, but at least the members are trying to not live up to that image

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use