Halloween Setlists Wrapup
Dbar218
Dbar218
11/2/2010 10:16 PM

Ween was sick. I had so much fun.

bcrosswell
bcrosswell
11/3/2010 03:31 AM

how bout some reviews now, jambase? great that you compiled setlists....

Three11Tones
Three11Tones
11/3/2010 10:49 AM

October 31, 2010

Atlanta, GA / Fox Theatre

Costumes:

Nick: Rock'n'Roll-Burnout-Hippie-Commune-Guy

P-Nut: Evil Bunny

Chad: Wizard

Tim: John Lennon

SA: Disco Guy 

SET I:

1. Welcome

Halloween Movie Theme Intro

2. Freak Out

3. Visit

4. Paradise 

5. Unity

6. Hydroponic 

7. My Stoney Baby

8. Nix Hex

9. Plain*

10. Feel So Good 

11. Do You Right

12. Fuck the Bullshit (Fat Chance)

INTERMISSION

SET II:

13. Jackolantern's Weather 

14. Light Years

15. Freeze Time

16. Flowing

17. Brodels

18. Eons

19. Rub A Dub

20. Applied Science

21. It's Getting OK Now

22. Jackpot

23. Sun Come Through

24. Large in the Margin

BASS SOLO**

25. Nutsymtom 

26. Beyond the Gray Sky

27. Down

28. There's Always an Excuse

29. Creatures (for a While)

e:

30. Omaha Stylee

31. Who's Got the Herb

32. Livin' & Rockin'

*- With album "Raga Drop"

**- "Coda" performed

http://setlist.com/311/2010/10.31.10.html

Hankskool
Hankskool
11/4/2010 12:03 AM

Gov't Mule was my own show and it was really exciting to hear my favorite Who album performed. Overall, it was a pretty no-frills, straight forward, bad ass rock and roll show. The band was great , but I don't know about the sound in the Fox. Everything just comes across so muffled in that place. Not terribly clear. But the Who set was spectacular. The only not-as-strong-as-the-others tune was "my wife" which is a damned great song . Hayne's voice was perfectly suited for the quiet/intensity/growl contrast of "behind blue eyes" . "when my fist clenches, crack it open, before I use it and lose my cool, when I smile tell me some bad news, before I laugh and act like a fool" Fuckin A. Good Warren tune. The Mule set alone was great though I've never really learned any of their songs and was too tore up to critique them anyways by then.

All in all, as you can imagine, this is the most special of the fifteen years I've lived in SF and this little detour over to Oakland was well worth it since this was the only defeat the Giants suffered and we desperately needed that little pick my up that the Mule totally provided.

"

d123
d123
11/4/2010 09:21 AM

AQUATiCA & Ron Holloway celebrated Halloween @ Ragtime in Arlington VA this past Saturday night 10/30/10. The band members dressed as The Chilean Miners with miner shirts, sunglass, and hard hats with strobe lights. The DC based Jam/Rock band is notorious for playing unexpected covers at their shows and JAMOWEEN 2010 was no exception. AQUATiCA & Ron started their first set with a cover of Black Sabbath's " Wicked world then went right into the entire Led Zeppelin 2 album for the remainder of their first set. Through the fog and lights Led Zeppelin's classic 1976 movie "The Song remains the Same" played on the screen behind AQUATiCA & Ron Holloway while they covered the album. The 2nd set was filled with high energy funky dance tunes and classic rock and soul covers that had the dance floor mobbed with fans getting down to the sounds while Ron Holloway created magic on the tenor saxophone. Here is a look at the setlist......

AQUATiCA & Ron Holloway, @ Ragtime 10/30/10.

Set 1.

"Wicked World" by Black Sabbath > "Whole Lotta Love", "What Is And Should Never Be", "The Lemon Song", "Thank You" > "Heartbreaker" > "Living Loving Maid", "Ramble On", "Moby Dick" > "Bring It On Home" by Led Zeppelin.

Set 2.

"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson > "Shakedown St" by The Dead > "2001" by Deodato/Phish, "Miss You" by The Rolling Stones, "Carini" by Phish, "I Ain't Hiding" by The Black Crowes, "Hold on I'm Coming" by Sam & Dave.

Encore.

"Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson

www.youtube.com/jyumily

AQUATiCA http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Q-U-A-T-I-C-A/128883357141723

Jamily Productions http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamily-Productions/139662889406962

gimmemusic
gimmemusic
11/5/2010 04:34 PM

Thanks all, this is one of the best threads I've seen on jambase, though I can't contribute as I was lucky enough to be among the beautiful, smiling faces at Hulaween. So who knows what Cornmeal did? Be safe, respect one another, and give thanks for how lucky we are. Peace.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use