Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

30 Total Messages • Page 2 of 2 • « Previous 1 2 
2011 Rock and Roll HOF Nominees: Beastie Boys, Tom Waits, Dr. John
lovemusical
lovemusical
9/28/2010 03:51 PM

First of all there's no comparison between Beastie Boys and LL Cool J/ Beasties are musicians. LL's a Rap Star. Love Waits and Dr. John's inclusion. Bon Jovi is a joke. Agree about Rush!

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
9/28/2010 06:19 PM

It's nice to see Donovan getting praise, he's one of my all time favorites, along with Tom Waits.

Boswellmachine
Boswellmachine
9/28/2010 06:39 PM

The fact that Rush is not even nominated is a travesty. I don't understand who they pissed off during their career to get this treatment.

gandrewd
gandrewd
9/28/2010 09:34 PM

How many get in each year, just one or a couple? Go Donovan and Tom Waits! Zappa wanted Alice's last name to be Cookies instead of Cooper. Alice Cookies would have been awesome! Is the Band in it yet, with Dylan?

SwordfishTrombone
SwordfishTrombone
9/29/2010 04:00 AM

Tom Waits is way too cool for the RnR HOF.

MCKILLA187
MCKILLA187
9/29/2010 06:35 AM

What how is Rush not in the RNRHF? maybe they got passed over and it takes a couple years to be nominated again. DONOVAN for sure, shocked he s not in their he has influenced so many folk artists. Beasties for sure too they been schooling mc's since the early 80s and rhymin and stealin ever since. Alice Cooper i guess because he took shock rock to a whole 'nother level. LL COOL J deserves some cred for staying in the rap game so long and getting in the movie game, BUT i can't name you two albums, so i won't pass judgement here. OH TOM WAITS for sure

sbauer
sbauer
9/29/2010 09:11 AM

If Bon Jovi beats out Tom Waits, I might have to hurt someone

GammaJamma
GammaJamma
9/29/2010 09:11 AM

Where's Stevie ray Vaughn, or Django Reinhardt? Hopefully they don't skip Katy Perry and Aerosmith coverbands for next year.

I agree with the statements on Rush, they deserve it for sure even if THEY ARE Canadian.

I disagree with statements on Kiss. They suck, I'm sorry. Their best artistic talent is clowny face painting. They should be in the Clown Hall of Fame.

bigchris
bigchris
9/29/2010 09:32 AM

Donna Summer?

just call it the Hall of Popular music and be done with it

Bon Jovi is crap

sasaunders
sasaunders
9/29/2010 10:10 AM

um rush please

Dire46daysWolf
Dire46daysWolf
9/30/2010 09:46 AM

this is a no brainer....Dr. John. JoJo Herman's greatest inspiration and one of the best at laying it down on the boards. Go re-kindle your love for the last waltz if you need some reassurance. LL Cool J? are you kidding me? What a worthless piece of crap. I'm pretty sure his career ended with deep blue sea.

mike13075
mike13075
9/30/2010 11:48 AM

um... is this the RAP n Roll hall of fame or what? joke

gregboyer
gregboyer
9/30/2010 05:51 PM

Rush not being in (a long time ago) destroys any credibility for this joke of a HOF. They still sell out tours 36 years after their first album. Unique sound and great songwriting. I just don't get it. Bon Jovi and Kiss both blow donkey. Stupid cheesy songs. Alice Cooper was a pioneer and deserves it as do several others on the list but nobody not in already deserves it more than Rush. Widespread, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Alice In Chains should all go in as soon as eligible.

GratefulSpread1
GratefulSpread1
10/1/2010 12:22 PM

The Hall of Fame is a fucking joke...if U2 and John Mellencamp can get in and Rush, SRV, and Warren Zevon cant then you know it is a bullshit award

linnylou
linnylou
10/5/2010 03:30 PM

When are The Cars going to be nominated? They certainly deserve to be in the HOF! the late Ben Orr is from Cleveland! LL Cool J....please!

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use