Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

31 Total Messages • Page 1 of 3 • 1 2 3 Next » 
STS9 | Red Rocks | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
9/20/2010 12:00 AM

STS9 | Red Rocks | Pics
Two sold out nights at the classic venue show signs that Sound Tribe is outgrowing the jam cul-de-sac.

ericbp09
ericbp09
9/20/2010 11:29 AM

Next DMB of the electronica scene?! WTF

theterriblebob
theterriblebob
9/20/2010 12:24 PM

I love photo viewer

nickrbk
nickrbk
9/20/2010 01:01 PM

eric: not all about negative posts, however with that comment your right what a douche!!!!

electronicjams
electronicjams
9/20/2010 01:37 PM

"With two sold out nights at Red Rocks, it seems that Sound Tribe Sector 9 is really gaining momentum in mainstream circles. As one fan said to me, they are the next Dave Matthews Band of the electronica scene."

This line of logic is AMAZING!

Dwizard
Dwizard
9/20/2010 02:09 PM

So it took over a week to put up these picture and there isn't even a real review, nice job JamBase. Oh and please next time get someone with a clue to do the mini write up. Thanks

mhaze
mhaze
9/20/2010 02:12 PM

hahahahahahaha! worst photo blurb EVER! scaled back lights?! acutally they upgraded from "a go-kart to a Ferrari" in terms of lighting technology...its just that there are more ACTUAL lights and colors rather than stupid strobe/led/big screen effects. they got their old lighting designer back, who actually knows what hes doing. Fail jb!

compares to DMB!? are you serious?! ive been an avid dmb fan for a long time...but...honestly...where does the comparison come from?! they both play multiple night runs sold out at red rocks? yeah, dmb, sts9 and every other worthy band that comes through.

fail jam base. fail.

PooDolla
PooDolla
9/20/2010 02:24 PM

You're an avid DMB fan?

fail m haze. fail.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
9/20/2010 04:07 PM

I don't know about you but I still hear more band than electronica from Soundtribe. They use an electronic element but its far from techno. And as a fan of electronica I love it when it tribe gets their "electronic" on, it's just not as much of the time as people make it out to be. Tribe is a band.

ericbp09
ericbp09
9/20/2010 04:10 PM

Agreed. If anything I thought the lights were better than ever. Perfectly synced with the music and each song strategically planned out with patterns and colors. Saxton really put on a show those two nights.

The lack of review on this is just a shame. STS9 did some magical things those 2 nights, especially during the boulder show the night before. There were twists and turns throughout the setlist including a combination of a 2 song encore the first night they havent played since 2004. Not to mention a Justice cover they played the second night (which I wasnt a huge fan of but to see STS9 play a cover is a treat).

Way to botch it JB

desert_drifter
desert_drifter
9/20/2010 04:35 PM

the only picture i like from this set is the picture of the crowd where the girls in the front row are smoking a bong. all of the band photos are kinda lame. no pictures of hunter on guitar, murph on bass. jefrey is not even photographed and phipps and zach are barely there. lots of shots of hunter and murph on synths. maybe the photographer is trying to prove that they are the dmb of electronica....

wampum
wampum
9/20/2010 06:27 PM

oh ya dope i hope tribe covers Satellite

ScoobySnacker
ScoobySnacker
9/20/2010 06:38 PM

I've never seen DMB but I'm gonna guess and say they do have one thing in common with STS9, hot chicks at the show. Nice pic of the ladies chillin in the front.

media310
media310
9/20/2010 06:41 PM

For my full story please visit: http://mtnweekly.com/sts9-red-rocks-amphitheatre-4597

saves1234
saves1234
9/20/2010 09:56 PM

"STS9 seemed to scale back their light show for the Red Rocks run of concerts compared to years past. The lights, however, were still a driving force behind the band, and perhaps their new technology doesn't require as many lighting rigs. The crowd was young and full of life, and seemed to hint that STS9 could be the future of American popular music. With two sold out nights at Red Rocks, it seems that Sound Tribe Sector 9 is really gaining momentum in mainstream circles. As one fan said to me, they are the next Dave Matthews Band of the electronica scene."

DMB of electronica huh? Terrible review and terrible pictures. Judging by what is written here it sounds to me like you didnt even attend the shows. It sounds like you walked in took a few mediocre, at best, pictures and left. If you had actually attended the thursday night Boulder show you would have seen a set list that had only one song from the post Artifact era of the band. If that is mainstream to you then you are sadly mistaken. Give a real review that you actually put forth time preparing. This is weak sauce jam base.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use