udsh
udsh
9/20/2010 06:37 AM

no asheville? why not?

this sucks

CavemanUM
CavemanUM
9/20/2010 06:48 AM

yeah they could have done it at least one more year at deerfields. november would have been too cold for 11-11-11 though.

this lineup blows compared to the last couple years

chux7487
chux7487
9/20/2010 07:41 AM

wait Ashvegas is out wtf?

mesaxi
mesaxi
9/20/2010 09:21 AM

a very underwhelming lineup if you ask me

schwarzcat
schwarzcat
9/20/2010 09:21 AM

Deerfield is not really an option for anyone at this point. Notice there were no real festivals there this year. Love deerfields...not the owner so much.

The Trinumeral guys are from Miami so it is actually going home for a year.

kider54
kider54
9/20/2010 10:36 AM

I saw people hate'n on there facebook too. 666, 888, and 999 were all in the Asheville area, but why should you expect it to stay there? Its a traveling show. Also, I was at a wedding at deerfields this summer and talked to John J. Supposedly, no more jamband parties. Maybe psy-trance, maybe a burn, but no more thousands of "hippies". All that said, the line-up plays to the Miami crowd. Maybe 11-11-11 will be a little closer to where all you guys live so you can afford to attend the bash. Till then, don't hate, CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!

TransdermalCeleb…
TransdermalCeleb…
9/20/2010 11:43 AM

whos willing to bet this will be an epic fail? you can't hold a festival at different venues in a huge city. all the spun out candyflippers will end up getting lost or killing people. anyone remember the langerado that never was?

Naima1
Naima1
9/20/2010 11:51 AM

Anyone in the know in the Asheville community can tell you that there are no more festivals at Deerfields because the land-owners are greedy crooks. After every festival they walk away with tens of thousands of dollars, while the promoters and all the people who worked hard in the community to put the festival on walk away in debt. That's why there's no more AmJam, SmileFest, ReGen, Harmonic Convergence, Transmissions, Loki, or Trinumeral at Deerfields. If you're upset that there are no more festivals at Deerfields blame the land owners and not the people in the community who put their hard work and money into trying to throw a show for everyone to have a good time. I met the guys who throw this festival once at a show at Club 828, and they were nice dudes, not some big corporation, just 2 dudes who put their ass on the line for all you people to have a good experience. And all you can do is complain, you people should be ashamed of yourselves. I can't make it down to Miami, but I support the efforts.

CavemanUM
CavemanUM
9/20/2010 02:13 PM

ha, no one is saying that they think it's the fault of the promoters or anyone else in particular. but the bottom line is everyone liked it at deerfields, so of course they are going to be upset when it gets moved.

bottom line, no one wants to go to a festival in a city like miami...especially not with that lineup

kider54
kider54
9/21/2010 05:48 PM

TransdermalCeleb…"you can't hold a festival at different venues in a huge city. all the spun out candyflippers will end up getting lost or killing people"

WTF?

Uh, its different venues for different days, you stay where you are for the eve(as far as I know). And why will the concert goers be killing Miami'ans?

Naima1, I understand where your coming from, but that isn't quite the scenario. Yes, it is expensive as fuck to throw a big show there, but John J and Greg inherited that beautiful land from their grandfather. They actually had to sell a chunk one year, because the property taxes are so high. With that 20-25 per person, per weekend, they supply more than enough port-a-poties. Their security is expensive, but they also no how to handle our crowd. Each festie you mentioned had different drama. Smilefest brought the heat, ReGen trashed the place, Loki lost their ass, kid stabbed himself at ashefest, ect... Some guy even jumped face first into a HUGE bonfire at transformus. Bottom line is they can make plenty of cash throwing private weddings where "hippies" don't trash the place, and local law man ain't down their back. It still can be rented for private parties. I saw incognito mosquito there a couple months back. Great times among phamily.

But yeah, Tri-num peeps are damn good people and anything they or Under one beat do, should be supported by our community if at possible. If you can't afford to go to Miami, don't hate, just wait. Start saving for 11-11-11 and 12-12-12.

udsh
udsh
9/22/2010 06:28 AM

"Anyone in the know in the Asheville community can tell you that there are no more festivals at Deerfields because the land-owners are greedy crooks"

Stay in West Asheville you stupid wook

You don't know shit

CheezeePhish
CheezeePhish
9/22/2010 06:50 AM

I think the reason why most people are hating on the festival this year is because the line up has drastically changed from years past. You lose the intimacy of a festival when its in a city. Your not making the random festy friends that you end up spending the weekend with, Or late night early morning wandering once the musics done. You don't have the random vendors you can shoot the shit with and the overall feel isnt the same The music itself ain't the same.

Im from miami and will totally support big festivals coming down to my city. We need a scene down here which is why I think the line up is the way it is. Its tailored to the miami crowd which is more of a club scene. I was stoked for this festival and was ready to celebrate but with this line up I'll let it pass. It completely goes away from previous years

kider54
kider54
9/22/2010 03:46 PM

You people are ignorant. "It completely goes away from previous years" Yet again, its not that different from years past. Only 888 and 999 were camping festivals. Hip-hop and dj's have been at most of them. WHERE HAVE YOU PEOPLE BEEN? 555 was in Miami. It will be a somewhat different vibe, but still should be a damn good time. I assume there will be vendors of sorts, and why can't we do the late night early morning wandering on south beach? The hate'rs on here have no ammo.

CheezeePhish
CheezeePhish
9/23/2010 02:05 PM

I don't think its ignorance. Hip hop and dj's have been at most of them but thats ALL that we have this year.. Because you can't walk to south beach from downtown. because the type of audience that they are trying to target is the miami crowd. why where they offering to sell tix for all 3 days for $50. South beach raging isnt all that awesome anyway i'd rather have an intimate festival hidden from the outside world than multiple venues in a city.

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use