Articles Forum

JamBase Features, Newswire & Reviews

10 Total Messages • Page 1 of 1 •
Rock The Bells | Los Angeles | Pics
JamBase
JamBase
9/14/2010 12:00 AM

Rock The Bells | Los Angeles | Pics
Hip hop's royalty gathered to celebrate their classics at the 7th annual fest.

chux7487
chux7487
9/14/2010 04:29 PM

yezzzzzir them BEEZ ALWAYS IN IT WU TANG 4E

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
9/14/2010 04:37 PM

It's crazy how mainly white people are into real hip hop these days. I didn't look at the pics, but I'm willing to bet most of the crowd is white. And there's probably more Asians than black folks too. Why does this matter? I guess it really doesn't except for the fact that its just sad to me that young black kids are missing out on real hip hop and getting fed BS rap on the radio. It also matters, cuz this fest is pissing me off by not hitting the ATL. Why? I guess cuz there's no market for real hip hop in the most densely African American populated city in the US. It's just sad to me. And don't come at me with any racist BS just because I adressed race. I just love hip hop and would love to see it help bring people together. But they're playing stuff on the radio and calling it hip hop and it's tearing people appart. Teaching kids that money, violence, and bitches is what it's all about. Real hip hop is about comunnity, friends, struggle, progress, fun, culture and life. If there's anywhere that needs hip hop it's ATL cause half the crap on the radio is coming out of here now. Just saying.

hotchkiss
hotchkiss
9/14/2010 05:59 PM

^ I agree!

brooklynite84
brooklynite84
9/14/2010 06:14 PM

Alright Jambase, I've bitched enough and plenty of others have; WILL YOU FUCKIN GET A CLUE AND FIX THE PHOTO FINDER....Jesus!!! It's been months of "No-Change" and "Lots of Complaints," you'd think someone would put their fuckin bong down and fix this goddamn thing. I can't even click on one of the artists names to check out their photos from the fest, but I gotta go through a whole set of photographs that I don't care to see....hmmmm, you'd think that would be a problem huh?

chux7487
chux7487
9/15/2010 06:55 AM

ok JUNKZIL your comments on here are usually awful (dont you like kings of leon??) but u make a good point. ive been to Rock the Bells and also dozens upon dozens of hip hop shows. ive been so so so lucky to see some artists who i really love as far as hip hop goes and ill say this- its always white people for the most part. boom everytime almost never fails, ive done The Wu Tang Clan SOOO many times, etc. one of my theories is this- internet access. 10-20 years ago, you could turn on the radio and main stream hip hop was still GOOD hip hop (for the most part), whereas today, you really do have to seek out and exert effort to find new stuff to litsen to since the main shit is so so bad. this has everything to do with the internet, file sharing, forums, message boards, links, uploads from peoples personal collections, etc. This is how i have found good hip hop for like 5 years, and the poeple that nerd around on these places are a)white and b)always have internet access. not tryng to make gross generalizations here bc it aint who i am but i gotta dig around online to find any rap these days and the truth is, most younger black members of society probably lack the same access and knowledge someone like me has about the internet and how to network and seek this shit out. rap is so bad and its just SO easy to turn on the radio and be like boom Gucci.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
9/16/2010 07:23 AM

Good point Chux. I however think most of you posts on here are decent, except don't you not like KoL? I just don't like haters, and there's an abundance on here. It's not just KoL, in just about every DMB, pretty lights, Bisco, and even Phish thread you're sure to find haters. I just get sick of it. I like A LOT of music and I've come to find that when I opened up to different things I was pleasently surprised many times. Are you going to Charleston for Phish? If so I'll buy you a brew and you can see what you think of me in person. I almost feel like I know you already cuz you're on here so much. Anyways, long live hip hop and the KoL! Ha! And if ya don't like it dial 1-800 suicide line! Whatcha know bout that ;)

chux7487
chux7487
9/16/2010 10:11 AM

hahah ok that was funny. and yes i will be in charleston, both nights, the North Charleston Inne to be exact, lets def get up.

JUNKIZL
JUNKIZL
9/17/2010 05:31 AM

Word man. Email me your digits. junkizl@hotmail.

damoncory
damoncory
9/21/2010 08:33 AM

Aww, that gave me a warm fuzzy

By using the forums you agree to comply with our Terms of Use